Wonderful Town (film)
Wonderful Town is a 2007 Thai film written and directed by Aditya Assarat.
|Directed by||Aditya Assarat|
|Written by||Aditya Assarat|
|Produced by||Soros Sukhum|
|Edited by||Lee Chatametikool|
|Music by||Koichi Shimizu|
|8 October 2007South Korea)(|
Set on the mainland north of Phuket Island in the dreary post-tsunami Khao Lak area and Takua Pa town, Phang Nga Province, shooting was completed in December 2006, for which Aditya had secured funding from Singha Beer and Rolex. More money was needed for post-production work, funds were provided by the Thailand Ministry of Culture's Office of Contemporary Art and Culture. Wonderful Town premiered at the 2007 Busan International Film Festival. It won the festival's top prize, the New Currents Award and a US$90,000 prize, which he split evenly with two other filmmakers who also won the award, Malaysian director Liew Seng Tat, who won for his film Flower in the Pocket, and Guang Hao-jin of China, for his film Life Track.
Aditya said he would use his prize money to transfer his digital-format footage to 35-millimeter, and he hoped it would have a limited screening in Bangkok sometime in 2008. Wonderful Town was shown in the Forum programme at the 2008 Berlin International Film Festival, and won a prestigious Tiger Award at the 2008 International Film Festival Rotterdam.
- Phoonpong, Sukunya (2011-08-12). "Spices and tin mines". The Phuket News. Retrieved 2021-03-09.
- Thai, Malaysian, Chinese directors to share film award, Agence France-Presse, Channel NewsAsia, October 12, 2007; retrieved 2007-11-05. Archived 2007-12-31 at the Wayback Machine.
- The Special Screenings of the 38th Forum: extraordinary documents, cinematic excavations, and intoxicating film, Berlin International Film Festival press release. Retrieved 2008-01-25. Archived 2008-01-29 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Programme 2008". Berlin International Film Festival. Retrieved 2021-03-09.
- "Tiger Awards Competition: previous winners". International Film Festival Rotterdam. Retrieved 2021-03-09.
- Wonderful Town at IMDb
- "Wonderful Town - TG-2008". International Film Festival Rotterdam.
- "Wonderful Town - On: 12 November 2012 00:35 BBC Two (except Wales)". BBC TV.
- "Wonderful Town". Kino Lorber (Official website for the movie).