Tops is a grocery chain in Thailand. Formerly part of the US-based Tops Markets LLC, the chain is operated under the name Tops Supermarket in Thailand by Central Food Retail, a subsidiary of Central Retail Corporation. In addition to Tops Supermarket, some branches are called Tops Superstore, Tops Market, Tops Market Food & Wine, Tops Daily and Central Food Hall. It is the largest supermarket chain in Thailand, and operates 120 stores nationwide.
The company was established as CRC Ahold Co., Ltd. in 1996 by integration of Robinson Department Store and Central Group supermarket business and formed a joint venture with Royal Ahold Co., Ltd., a Netherlands-based supermarket operator. In December 1996 and 1998, Robinson sold all of its invested shares to Royal Ahold Co., Ltd.: 21
- Tops Plaza is a Shopping Center. In addition, there are main shopping centers such as Tops Superstore, Department Store, and cinemas. The first branch is Phichit since 22 December 2017
- Central Food Hall premium grade supermarket. Recognized as one of "25 grocery stores around the world that you need to visit before you die" by The Canadian Grocer.
- Tops market & Tops market Food & Wine high-tier supermarket.
- Superkoom mid-tier supermarket.
- Tops daily convenience store size of 100–200 square meters.
- Tops Superstore premium grade hypermarket with size of 1,000-2,000 square meters.
- "Robinson Annual Report 2011" (PDF). Robinson. Retrieved 20 August 2016.
- "Food Lion Supermarket Chain Quits Thailand". Agence France-Presse. 6 August 2004. Retrieved 20 August 2016.
- "25 grocery stores to visit before you die". Canadian Grocer. Retrieved 26 February 2016.
- "About Tops daily [sic]". Central Food Retail Co Ltd. Retrieved 4 February 2016.