Toonami (Southeast Asian TV channel)
Toonami was a Southeast Asian television channel that was launched on 1 December 2012. It was operated and distributed in Asia by Turner Broadcasting System Asia Pacific, Inc., a subsidiary of WarnerMedia. It was named after the programming block seen in the U.S, using the logo introduced in 2004 but with different branded promos.
Toonami's official logo in Asia
|Broadcast area||Southeast Asia|
|Slogan||Home of the Superheroes|
|Picture format||16:9 (576i, SDTV)|
16:9 (1080i, HDTV)
|Owner||Turner Broadcasting System Asia Pacific, Inc.|
(Time Warner, Inc.)
|Sister channels||Cartoon Network|
|Launched||December 1, 2012|
|Closed||March 31, 2018|
- "Turner launching Toonami across Asia - Page 19962". Tbivision.com. 27 November 2012. Retrieved 22 December 2017.
- "Toonami and Cartoonito to bow in Asia December 1". Kidscreen.com. Retrieved 22 December 2017.
- "Asia Pacific". Asiapacific.turner.com. 12 October 2015. Retrieved 22 December 2017.
- "Toonami Makes Its Debut on Screens Around Asia". Animenewsnetwork.com. Retrieved 22 December 2017.
- Pescrillo, Paul (6 March 2018). "Toonami Asia is Shutting Down at the End of March". Toonami Faithful. Retrieved 8 March 2018.