Spielberg's After Dark
Spielberg's After Dark is an upcoming American horror series written and created by Steven Spielberg. The series was set to premiere on the short-form mobile video platform Quibi and would have been only available to watch after sunset. The series will premiere on The Roku Channel following Quibi's shutdown.
|Spielberg's After Dark|
|Created by||Steven Spielberg|
|Written by||Steven Spielberg|
|Running time||7–10 minutes|
|Production company||Amblin Television|
|Original network||The Roku Channel|
On June 9, 2019, Quibi founder Jeffrey Katzenberg announced in a press conference at the Banff World Media Festival that Steven Spielberg was writing a horror series for Katzenberg's then-upcoming service. Spielberg requested that the program only be available to watch after sunset. This will be Spielberg's first writing project since A.I. Artificial Intelligence in 2001.
- Schneider, Michael (June 10, 2019). "Steven Spielberg Writing Horror Series for Quibi That You Can Only Watch at Night". Variety. Retrieved June 21, 2019.
- Ross, Charley (June 12, 2019). "Steven Spielberg is writing a horror series that you can only watch at night". The Independent. Retrieved June 21, 2019.
- Alexander, Julia (June 10, 2019). "Steven Spielberg is writing a horror series you'll only be able to stream when it's dark". The Verge. Retrieved June 21, 2019.
- Spangler, Todd (January 8, 2021). "Roku Acquires Global Rights to 75-Plus Quibi Shows, Will Stream Them for Free". Variety. Retrieved January 8, 2021.
- "Steven Spielberg is writing a horror series that you can only watch at night". The Independent. 2019-06-12. Retrieved 2020-01-27.
- Mullin, Benjamin; Flint, Joe; Farrell, Maureen (October 21, 2020). "Quibi Is Shutting Down as Problems Mount". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved October 21, 2020.
- Alexander, Julia (2020-10-22). "Quibi will shut down 'on or around' December 1st". The Verge. Retrieved 2020-10-24.