Shane's Rib Shack
Shane's Rib Shack is an American fast casual BBQ franchise, serving slow-cooked baby back ribs, hand-chopped chicken and pork, and Southern style side dishes. As of January, 2016, they are located in ten states, with most of their restaurants located in the state of Georgia.
|Headquarters||Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.|
In 2002, Shane and Stacey Thompson opened the first location in an old roadside shack on Highway 155 in McDonough, Georgia. Shane's grandfather's BBQ sauce recipe was featured from the start. Shane serves as President of the company.
The original shack was a tin roof building complete with an outhouse. The second location opened in 2004, located in what used to be a small rural family restaurant. The chain has evolved the feel of its early restaurants into a new restaurant image that they call "shabby chic". These new locations are made to resemble a shack, in an upscale way, and began appearing in 2005.
- 20 on Fast Casual Magazine's Top 100 Movers and Shakers, 2008
- Fast Casual Magazine's Top Movers & Shakers, 2007
- Fast Casual Magazine's Top Movers & Shakers, 2005
- Best Barbecue Ribs – Best of the Bay 2008, Pensacola, Florida
- Best Barbecue Overall – Best of the Bay 2008, Pensacola, Florida
- Best Barbecue, 2007 – Gwinnett Magazine
As of January 2016, Shane's Rib Shack has a total of 74 locations, in Alabama, Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, New York, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia. There are no locations outside of the United States.
- 2007: Introduced party platters of baby back ribs, chicken wings, or chicken tenders for tailgating and football-watching parties.
- 2008: Celebrated BBQ month by offering free ribs to the first 100 customers at each location on May 17, 2008.
- 2008: Offered free chicken tender meals on Election Day 2008.
- Shane's Rib Shack official website
- "Shane's Rib Shack". The Cook's Warehouse. 2008.[dead link]
- "Shane's Rib Shack and Planet Smoothie Acquired by Management and Edmonds Capital, LLC". MSNBC. 2008.[dead link]
- "Rib joint to bring Southern flair". The Columbus Dispatch. July 24, 2007. Archived from the original on January 20, 2013.
- "2008 Movers and Shakers" (PDF). Fast Casual Magazine. 2007.[dead link]
- "2007 Top 100 Movers & Shakers". Fast Casual Magazine. January 2007.[dead link]
- "2005 Top 100 Movers & Shakers". Fast Casual Magazine. January 2005. Archived from the original on October 17, 2006.
- "Best of the Bay, 2008". Pensacola News Journal. May 15, 2008.
- "Best of Gwinnett, 2007". Gwinnett Magazine. 2007. Archived from the original on August 8, 2008.
- "Shane's Rib Shack Celebrates Five Years of American BBQ". Hotel News Source. March 29, 2007.
- "Shane's Rib Shack offers free Election Day meal". Nations Restaurant News. October 13, 2008. Archived from the original on October 19, 2008.
- "Shane's Rib Shack Restaurant Locator".
- "Shane's Rib Shack targets tailgaters with party platters". Nation's Restaurant News. October 22, 2007.
- "Shane's Kicks Off BBQ Season with Free Ribs". Reuters.com. April 28, 2008. Archived from the original on February 1, 2013.