Seacon Square is a large indoor shopping mall in Prawet, Bangkok. It was opened in 1994 in a ceremony presided over by Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn. The shopping center has a gross leasable area of 180,000 m2 (1,900,000 sq ft), a total area of 500,000 m2 (5,400,000 sq ft) and houses more than 300 stores. The building is 500 metres long, making it one of the largest shopping malls in Thailand. It opens daily at 10:00am.
|Location||Prawet, Bangkok, Thailand|
|Opening date||September 4, 1994|
|No. of stores and services||400+|
|No. of anchor tenants||15|
|Total retail floor area||500,000 square metres (5,400,000 sq ft)|
|No. of floors||7|
- Robinson Department Store
- Tops Market
- Lotus's Prawet (Lotus's The first branch of Thailand) (Old Tesco Lotus)
- Food Court by Lotus's
- Power Buy
- Sports World
- There are many food courts and variety of restaurants throughout the shopping center.
- Tutor Square
- Yoyoland – Children's amusement park on top floor includes a roller coaster and log flume.
- Seacon Cineplex – 14-screen movie theater with "Gold Class" cinema. (Old Grand EGV Seacon Square move to Grand EGV Seacon Bangkae)
- Fitness First
- The mall has a five-story parking garage in addition to an underground parking lot.
- DusitPrincess Srinagarindra – Four-star hotel run by the Dusit Thani Group, attached to Dusit Thani College
- Go-kart track – Host of most of the national championship kart races as well as several motorcycle races. Nearby are a handful of motorcycle tuning shops and radio remote control car shops and tracks. The track is now closed and re-developed into a car parking space.
- Paradise Park – A nearby shopping mall within walking distance.
- 250 Yard driving range with par 3.
- The large Rod Fai night market is behind it (road to the right. Follow the crowds). Open Thursday to Sunday, 5pm to midnight. The market has a large antiques, old cars, etc. section as well as many food stalls, etc.
Seacon Square was a target in the 2006 Bangkok bombings on December 31, 2006. A bomb was found in a trash can near a gold shop on the mall's ground floor. The bomb was removed to the Basement 2 parking lot where it exploded without causing injuries.