Sasha Rebecca Spielberg (born May 14, 1990) is an American actress and musician also known as her stage name Buzzy Lee.
Sasha Rebecca Spielberg
May 14, 1990
|Other names||Buzzy Lee|
|Alma mater||Brown University|
|Years active||1999; 2004–present|
Life and careerEdit
Spielberg was born in Los Angeles, the daughter of film director Steven Spielberg and actress Kate Capshaw. Her father is from an Orthodox Jewish family, whereas her mother is a Jewish convert. She is their first child together, although each have children from previous relationships. She has three sisters: Mikaela Spielberg, Destry Spielberg, and half-sister, actress Jessica Capshaw, as well as three brothers: Sawyer Spielberg, Theo Spielberg, and half-brother Max Spielberg. She graduated from Brown University.
She has appeared as an actress in several of her father's movies, including The Terminal, Munich, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, and The Post.
She performed in a band called Wardell (previously known as Brother/Sister), with her brother Theo. Their Brother/Sister EP, The Accidental Zoo, was released April 4, 2011. Their album Love/Idleness was released in 2015.
Spielberg has collaborated with composer and fellow Brown University alumnus Nicolas Jaar under the name of Just Friends. They released a cover of Leonard Cohen's "Avalanche" and an original song, "Don't Tell Me."
In 2015, Spielberg produced, wrote for, and starred in Snapchat's first mobile series, Literally Can't Even. She also shares her mini-improv sketches on Instagram. On April 27, 2018, she released her solo EP Facepaint, with 5 songs.
|1999||The Love Letter||Girl with Sparkler|
|2005||Munich||Young Israeli Woman Watching TV|||
|2008||Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull||Slugger|
|2010||The Company Men||Sarah|
|2010||The Dry Land||Sally|
|2010||The Kids Are All Right||Waify Girl|
|2011||The Art of Getting By||Zoe Rubenstein|
|2013||Before I Sleep||Rachel|
|2017||The Post||Woman with Package|||
|2018||In a Relationship||Clara|
|2013||The Brother/Sister EP|
|2018||Facepaint – EP (as Buzzy Lee)|
|2019||Close Encounters of Their Own Kind (as Buzzy Lee, with Tommy Mandel)|
|2021||Spoiled Love (as Buzzy Lee)|
- Rosenbloom, Stephanie (August 30, 2007). "Trotting on Their Own Four Hooves". The New York Times.
- Peppers, Margot (March 7, 2013). "Theo and Sasha Spielberg—Yes, of Those Spielbergs—Have a Family Band". Vanity Fair. Retrieved April 5, 2019.
Although this marks the Brown University graduate's fashion debut, she is no stranger to fame, having played small roles in some of her father's films, including Indiana Jones, from the age of nine.
- "Sasha Spielberg – L.A. Native, Brown student and singer in "Brother/Sister"". The Daily Truffle. April 15, 2012. Archived from the original on April 17, 2012.
- "Brother/Sister: Longing For Summer". NPR.org. Retrieved July 13, 2019.
- Blasberg, Derek (March 3, 2016). "Theo and Sasha Spielberg—Yes, of Those Spielbergs—Have a Family Band". Vanity Fair. Retrieved April 5, 2019.
- "Listen to Nicolas Jaar and Sasha Spielberg's Just Friends Track "Don't Tell Me"". Pitchfork. March 23, 2014. Retrieved July 13, 2019.
- "Hear the latest track from Nicolas Jaar and Sasha Spielberg's Just Friends project". FACT Magazine: Music News, New Music. March 23, 2014. Retrieved July 13, 2019.
- Hod, Itay (January 30, 2015). "Snapchat Launching First Mobile Series Produced by Steven Spielberg's and John Goldwyn's Daughters". TheWrap. Retrieved April 5, 2019.
- Pasternak, Hannah (May 2, 2018). "Sasha Spielberg on New Buzzy Lee EP and Acting in Her Dad's Movies". Rolling Stone. Retrieved April 5, 2019.