Relay started under the name Relais H', when in 1852 Louis Hachette acquired the "trainstations' libraries". The sales of newspapers quickly overperformed the sales of books. To keep books' sales up, Relais H innovated by creating book series and asking specific authors to write those series.
In January 2000, the stores Relais H became Relay. At that time, Relay owns 1,000 stores in 10 countries in Europe and North America.
In October 2012, Lagardere TR created a joint-venture with Indian Travel Food Services to develop Relay in India.
- "Tout savoir sur Relay" (in French)
- Claire Devarrieux (1 April 1999). "Comment Hachette fit ses pieuvres". Liberation.fr (in French). Retrieved 2016-08-07.
- "Relais H devient Relay". Strategies.fr (in French). 14 January 2000. Retrieved 2016-08-07.
- Samidha Sharma (11 October 2012). "Lagardere Group strikes Indian JV for airport retail". Indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2016-08-07.
- Doug Newhouse (6 February 2016). "LTR sells $491m Belgian arm and franchises Relay". Trbusiness.com. Retrieved 2016-08-07.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Relay (shop).|
- www.relay.com Official website