Phoebe Patricia Faircloth, known professionally as Phoebe Dahl, (born 4 November 1988) is a British-American fashion designer, philanthropist, and activist.
Dahl in 2016
Phoebe Patricia Faircloth
4 November 1988
|Occupation||Fashion designer, Philanthropist|
|Founder of Faircloth & Supply|
|Relatives||Roald Dahl (grandfather)|
Patricia Neal (grandmother)
Tessa Dahl (aunt)
Ophelia Dahl (aunt)
Sophie Dahl (first cousin)
Dahl began her career in Amsterdam working as an assistant to Dutch fashion designer Jackie Villevoye before returning to Los Angeles in 2013. Dahl founded Faircloth & Supply in late 2012 after a trip to Japan and India, but it was not until she returned to Los Angeles in 2013 that she launched it. In 2014, she collaborated with the Australian model and television presenter Ruby Rose to design street-wear for Dahl's ethical clothing range Faircloth & Supply. In 2015, Dahl created T-shirt designs for Verve Coffee Roasters. She was awarded "Racked’s 30 Under 30 Rising Designers".
In 2016, Dahl was named the Creative Director at the incubator for emerging brands a.Kartel, and launched the company Cardinahl + Dahl as a collaboration with Ruby Cardinahl.
Dahl started her fashion brand working with the nonprofit organization General Welfare Pratisthan. For each item sold, the organization donates two school uniforms, school supplies, and a one-year scholarship to a girl in Nepal. Issues of concern to her include the LGBT community, women empowerment, women's health care.
In 2014, Dahl became engaged to Australian actress Ruby Rose; they ended their relationship in December 2015. In February 2017, Dahl began dating DJ and former model Tatiana de Leon.
- Schmidt, Ingrid. "Phoebe Dahl's Faircloth & Supply hits Urban Outfitters". Latimes.com. Retrieved 9 November 2017.
- Butter, Susannah. "Phoebe Dahl: 'I don't feel the need to put any label on it. I don't think there is a limit to love'". Standard.co.uk. Retrieved 9 November 2017.
- Thomas, Jessica. "Phoebe Dahl Teams Up With Verve Coffee Roasters To Make T-Shirts That Help Send Nepali Girls To School". Bustle.com. Retrieved 9 November 2017.
- "Phoebe Dahl". Racked.com. Retrieved 9 November 2017.
- "Phoebe Dahl's schedule for AWE". Awe2016.sched.com. Retrieved 9 November 2017.
- Gorder, Bryan. "Coveted: Cardinahl + Dahl "The Future Is..." T-Shirt". Outtraveler.com. Retrieved 9 November 2017.
- "Wedding belles: Ruby Rose is engaged to Phoebe Dahl". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 28 March 2015.
- "Ruby Rose Breaks Silence Following Phoebe Dahl Split". Usmagazine.com. Retrieved 9 November 2017.
- "Ruby Rose and Phoebe Dahl Break Up, Call Off Engagement - E! Online". Eonline.com. 14 December 2015. Retrieved 9 November 2017.
- Branch, Kathryn. "How Designer Phoebe Dahl and DJ Tatiana de Leon Do Couples Beauty". Vogue.com. Retrieved 9 November 2017.
- Tran, Khanh T.L. (29 December 2015). "New Generation of Eco-Entrepreneurs Start West Coast Movement". Wwd.com. Retrieved 9 November 2017.
- "18 Gifts That Keep On Giving". Thezoereport.com. Retrieved 9 November 2017.
- "Go Sustainable This Summer with Faircloth & Supply's Multi-Style Dresses". La.racked.com. Retrieved 9 November 2017.
- "2,000 Girls Are Now Going To School Because Of This Label: Help Make It 2,001". Refinery29.com. Retrieved 9 November 2017.
- Phoebe Dahl at IMDb