Peter Travers is an American film critic, journalist, and television presenter. He currently reviews films for ABC News and previously served as a movie critic for People and Rolling Stone. Travers also hosts the film interview program Popcorn with Peter Travers for ABC News.
|Alma mater||New York University|
Travers joined Rolling Stone in 1989 after a four-year stint with People. According to eFilmCritic.com, Travers is the nation's most blurbed film critic. Some of the contemporary directors he is most receptive to based on ratings and placement in top ten lists include Martin Scorsese, David Lynch, Paul Thomas Anderson, Clint Eastwood, Sofia Coppola, Christopher Nolan, Joel and Ethan Coen, and Ang Lee. He has also shown a great deal of disdain for certain directors, most notably Michael Bay and his films. Travers also hosts The New York Film Critics Series, a company that hosts live-streamed screening events and discussions. He also hosts the ABC News show Popcorn with Peter Travers interviewing actors and directors about the latest projects and their lives. Travers departed Rolling Stone in 2020 and became the film critic for ABC News that same year.
- "Peter Travers Official Biography". ABC News. Archived from the original on June 12, 2018.
- "New York Film Critics Circle: Peter Travers". New York Film Critics Circle. Archived from the original on April 27, 2006. Retrieved April 3, 2010.
- Childress, Erik. "Criticwatch 2008 - The Whores of the Year". eFilmCritic.com. Retrieved April 3, 2010.
- "Rolling Stone review of Pain and Gain".
- "NY Film Critics Series". Nyfilmcriticsseries.com. Archived from the original on April 2, 2015.
- "Popcorn". ABC News. Retrieved January 10, 2019.