One by AOL
|Industry||Mobile advertising & Monetization|
Baltimore, Maryland, USA
|Tim Mahlmann (President)|
Seth Demsey (CTO)
Number of employees
|601 (January 23, 2014)|
One by AOL was founded as Millennial Media in May 2006 by Paul Palmieri and Chris Brandenburg. The company received $64.8M in funding between 2007 and 2011 from venture capitalists, and went on to acquire several companies, including TapMetrics in 2010, Condaptive in 2011, Jumptap in 2013, and Nexage in 2014.
On January 27, 2014, Palmieri stepped down from his position and was replaced by Michael Barrett.
- Edit Staff. "Mobile Ad Firm Millennial Media Gets $16 Million Funding". gigaom.com.
- "CTO Chris Brandenburg to leave Millennial Media post-Metaresolver acquisition". Technical.ly.
- "PE HUB » Millennial Media Raises Series A". PE HUB.[permanent dead link]
- "Millennial Media scores $15 million in Series B". FierceMobileIT. Archived from the original on 2011-01-07.
- "Mobile Ad Network Millennial Media Raises $27.5 Million to Fight Apple and Google". AllThingsD.
- "Mobile ad network Millennial Media acquires analytics firm TapMetrics - VentureBeat - Deals - by Devindra Hardawar". venturebeat.com.
- Leena Rao. "Millennial Media Acquires Mobile Data Startup Condaptive". TechCrunch. AOL.
- "Millennial Media Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire Jumptap" (Press Release). The Wall Street Journal. August 13, 2013.
- Leena Rao. "Mobile Ad Network Millennial Media Prices IPO At $13 Per Share". TechCrunch. AOL.
- "Michael Barrett Is New CEO At Millennial Media, Palmieri Leaves". AdExchanger.
- "AOL Confirms It Is Buying Millennial Media In $238M Deal To Expand In Mobile Ads". TechCrunch.
- "AOL Completes Acquisition of Millennial Media". Nasdaq.