Ocean County College
Ocean County College (OCC) is a public community college in Ocean County, New Jersey. Its main campus is in Toms River. Other locations include the Southern Education Center in Manahawkin and over twenty off-campus sites throughout Ocean County.
|Type||Two-year community college|
|President||Jon H. Larson|
In 1962, the state of New Jersey enacted the County College Act, empowering its counties to establish colleges and providing partial financial support for these colleges. Ocean County College was established by the Ocean County Board of Commissioners in January 1964 following a 1963 public referendum, and classes were first offered in the fall of 1964.
OCC offers Associate in Science, Associate in Arts, and Associate in Applied Science degrees. In 2019, these degrees were represented within a graduating class of 1500 students with percentages of 54%, 36% and 10%, respectively. The school also offers certificate studies in more than 40 different areas, as well as a continuing education program. A total of 8,171 students enrolled in the Fall semester of 2019. 
Faculty, Staff and Trustees
- Richard O'Meara, brigadier general, United States Army; instructor
- Leonard Lomell, United States Army ranger awarded the Silver Star for gallantry in action during World War II; former trustee
- Biggie Biggs (born 1974), professional wrestler
- Mike Bucci (born 1972), professional wrestler
- Danny Clinch (born 1964), photographer and film director
- Virginia E. Haines (born 1946), politician; serves on the Ocean County Board of Chosen Freeholders; served in the New Jersey General Assembly, 1992-1994; executive director of the New Jersey Lottery, 1994-2002
- Bruce Springsteen (born 1949), musician (non-graduate)
- Fishler, Bennett H.; Zuccarello, Anthony (February 1975). New Jersey Community Colleges: The First Ten Years 1963-1973 (PDF). Trenton, NJ: NJ Office of Community College Programs. Retrieved 23 May 2021.
- "College History". Ocean County College. Retrieved 23 May 2021.
- OCC Factbook (PDF). Ocean County College. 2020. Retrieved 25 May 2021.
- Larsen, Eric. "Ocean County College is first in N.J. to offer homeland security degree". Star-Ledger Wire Services. Retrieved 25 May 2021.
- "Leonard Lomell". The Hall of Valor Project. Retrieved 25 May 2021.
- Adelizzi, Joe. "Biggs making right moves; Howell High School graduate preaches what he practives to aspiring wrestlers", Asbury Park Press, January 25, 2003. Accessed February 14, 2018. "Life took a sharp turn for Nick Podsvirow shortly after he graduated from Howell High School and entered Ocean County College in 1992. 'I was in the game room at OCC and I saw a sign about the Iron Mike Sharpe School of Wrestling (in Brick),' said Podsvirow, also known as Biggie Biggs, heavyweight champion of the Independent Wrestling Federation."
- Staff. "Haines picked to head lottery", Asbury Park Press, May 19, 1994. Accessed August 30, 2016. "Education: Graduated from Lakewood High School in 1964; attended Ocean County College."
- Marsh, Dave (1987). Glory Days: Bruce Springsteen in the 1980s. pp. 88–89.