|Born||June 1958 (age 63)|
Billericay, Essex, England
|Education||Lancaster Royal Grammar School|
|Alma mater||North East London Polytechnic|
London Business School
|Known for||co-founded Capital One with Richard Fairbank|
|Title||Managing partner, QED Investors|
With an army father, and moving around the country, Morris went to 11 different schools, ending up at Lancaster Royal Grammar School. Morris earned a bachelor's degree in psychology from North East London Polytechnic, followed by an MBA from London Business School, where he is also a Fellow.
Morris is the director of QED Investors, a venture capital firm focused on high-growth companies that leverage the power of data strategies. In addition, he works in an advisory capacity with personalized prepaid debit card provider CARD.com, General Atlantic Partners and Oliver Wyman Consulting. He serves on the board of for-profit companies, including Remitly, Red Ventures, CAN Capital, Media Math, borro, and Prosper. He is also on the boards of National Geographic, ideas42, and the London Business School.
Morris lives with his wife and four children in Virginia, US.
- Cope, Nigel (18 November 2002). "The man from over here doing rather well over there". Independent. Retrieved 10 January 2018.
- "Nigel William MORRIS". Companies House. Retrieved 10 January 2018.
- "Nigel Morris". QED Investors. Retrieved 10 January 2018.
- "Nigel W. Morris: Executive Profile & Biography - Bloomberg". investing.businessweek.com. Archived from the original on 3 October 2013. Retrieved 10 January 2018.
- Wack, Kevin (10 June 2014). "Capital One Alum Nigel Morris Joins Prosper's Board". American Banker. Retrieved 10 January 2018.
- Burns, Hilary (20 January 2016). "Capital One co-founder Nigel Morris joins AvidXchange's board". Charlotte Business Journal. Retrieved 23 October 2019.
- Botella, Elena (2 October 2019). "I Worked at Capital One for Five Years. This Is How We Justified Piling Debt on Poor Customers". The New Republic. Retrieved 18 October 2019.