Must Be Santa
- For the Christmas song, see Must Be Santa (song).
Must Be Santa is a 1999 Canadian television film that tells the story of Floyd Court (Arnold Pinnock), who is selected as the successor to Santa Claus. Robert Sherrin produced the film while Brad Turner was director.
|Must Be Santa|
|Written by||Douglas Bowie|
|Directed by||Brad Turner|
|Country of origin||Canada|
|Cinematography||Albert J. Dunk|
|Running time||120 minutes|
|Original release||12 December 1999|
At the time of its release, it was considered to be one of the most expensive such projects ever produced by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. It was made more expensive when production of the film was interrupted in February 1999 by a strike of the CBC's technicians. Production resumed in May after a labor settlement.
Universal Studios provided international distribution.
- "Dunk shot Santa". Playback. 2 October 2000. Retrieved 7 December 2007.
- "Post-strike Cheer For Cbc 'santa'". The Hollywood Reporter. AllBusiness.com. 3 May 1999. Retrieved 8 December 2007.
- "Must Be Santa". Variety. Retrieved 7 December 2007.[dead link]
- Brioux, Bill (30 October 2000). "Early winners". Jam!/Canoe. Archived from the original on 10 July 2012. Retrieved 7 December 2007.