Morgan Elizabeth York (born January 18, 1993) is an American writer and former child actress best known for her roles as Kim Baker in the film Cheaper by the Dozen, and as Sarah in the Hannah Montana series.
January 18, 1993
Burbank, California, U.S.
|Occupation||Writer, former actress|
(m. after 2019)
Her first major film role was in 2003 at age 10 when she was given the part of Kim Baker in the box-office hit Cheaper by the Dozen. For their performance, York and her cast-mates won the Young Artist Award for "Best Young Ensemble in a Feature Film". In 2004, she filmed The Pacifier. Her portrayal of younger daughter Lulu Plummer was well received. In the summer of 2005, York headed back to Toronto to film Cheaper by the Dozen 2. From 2006 to 2010, York appeared in eleven episodes of the Disney series Hannah Montana. York stopped acting in 2010 after Hannah Montana's fourth season had finished production. She stated she would not return to acting in the future.
York grew up in Los Angeles, California. She chose to stop acting in 2010 at the end of her run in the Hannah Montana series. On her blog, she stated "the older I got, and the more I felt like writing was my true calling." She graduated with a self-designed degree in "Writing Fiction: Listening, Absorbing, and Creating" at University of Redlands in 2015. In 2012, she wrote a blog post saying that she was intending to pursue a career as a young adult novelist. She is the older sister of Wendy York and Thomas York.
|2003||Cheaper by the Dozen||Kimberly "Kim" Baker|
|2005||The Pacifier||Lulu Plummer|
|2005||Cheaper by the Dozen 2||Kimberly "Kim" Baker|
|2001||Sesame Street: Kids' Favorite Songs 2||Herself||Featured with sister Wendy|
|2004||The Practice||Melissa Stewart||Episode: "Going Home"|
|2004||Life with Bonnie||Christine Harris||Episode: "Dare to Be Different"|
|2006–2010||Hannah Montana||Sarah||11 episodes |
Guest role (Seasons 1, 3–4) Recurring role (Season 2)
Awards and nominations
|2004||Young Artist Awards||Best Young Ensemble in a Feature Film (shared with cast)||Cheaper by the Dozen||Won|
|2006||Young Artist Awards||Best Performance in a Feature Film – Young Ensemble Cast (shared with cast)||Cheaper by the Dozen 2||Nominated|
- "Morgan York". IMDB. Retrieved 26 January 2016.
- Macke, Johnnie (23 November 2016). "Here's Where The 'Cheaper By the Dozen' Kids Are Now". People's Choice. Retrieved 4 July 2017.
- Rees, Alex (20 April 2015). "Here Are All 12 "Cheaper by the Dozen" Kids Grown Up". Cosmopolitan. Retrieved 3 July 2017.
- Whyte, Jason (26 June 2005). "Morgan York, Actress: Profile Interview Series Vol. #11". eFilmCritic. Retrieved 3 July 2017.
...many thought that your work was the best thing in the movie.
- Liberty, Lady (7 March 2005). "Little comedy in The Pacifier". EnterStageRight. Retrieved 4 July 2017.
The one bright spot in the movie is the performance of Morgan York.
- Khoo, Isabelle (29 September 2015). "'Cheaper By The Dozen' Cast Is All Grown Up!". The Huffington Post Canada. Retrieved 4 July 2017.
- York, Morgan (1 July 2012). "Why I Stopped Acting". Morgan York Writes (blog). Retrieved 2 July 2017.
- "DiversifYA: Morgan York - DiversifYA". Diversifya.com. Retrieved 25 August 2018.
- York 🌻, Morgan (2019-07-14). "WHOOPS! We got married! @ActualDannyHpic.twitter.com/V6QQCtnGK9". @morganyorkwrite. Retrieved 2019-07-15.