Ministop Co., Ltd. (ミニストップ株式会社, Minisutoppu Kabushiki-gaisha) (TYO: 9946), a member of ÆON, operates the Ministop convenience store franchise chain in Japan. Unlike most other convenience stores in Japan, Ministop stores feature a kitchen that prepares sandwiches, snacks and take out bento boxes on demand, and has a seating area where customers can sit down and eat immediately.
|Industry||Retail (convenience stores)|
|Founded||May 21, 1980|
Number of locations
|5,459 stores (2018)|
Number of employees
The usual Japanese convenience store goods are available, such as magazines, manga comic books, soft drinks, contraceptives, onigiri ; services include bill payment, photocopying, ticket purchase for events and ATM access. Ministop also has its own unique brand of fast food. The menu varies according to season and periodical promotions. A typical selection might include hot dogs, sandwiches, frozen desserts such as soft serve ice cream, kariman and chūkaman—Siopao-style buns with various fillings.
- "Corporate Profile". Ministop Co., Ltd. Retrieved 31 August 2018.
- "ABOUT US: A SUBSIDIARY OF ROBINSONS RETAIL HOLDINGS, INC". Retrieved 16 November 2013.
- "The MINISTOP circle is finding new friends around the world". Retrieved 16 November 2013.
- "Ministop plans Kazakhstan shops". The Japan Times. 15 May 2012. Retrieved 16 November 2013.
- "한국미니스톱(주) 기업정보 | 잡코리아". 한국미니스톱(주) 기업정보 | 잡코리아 (in Korean). Retrieved 15 April 2020.
- Media related to Ministop at Wikimedia Commons
- Official website (in Japanese)
- Ministop Philippines (Robinsons Convenience Stores, Inc.)