MetroLyrics is a website dedicated to song lyrics. It was founded in December 2002, and its database contains over 1 million songs by over 16,000 artists.
|Founded||December 30, 2002|
Vancouver, British Columbia,
|Founder(s)||Milun Tesovic, Alan Juristovski|
In 2008, MetroLyrics was the first lyrics-dedicated site to license Gracenote Inc.'s lyrics catalogue. Through its licensing model, copyright holders of lyrics accrue royalty revenue when their work is displayed on MetroLyrics.com, which MetroLyrics recoups by collecting money from banner advertisements on its site. Royalties are paid on all displayed lyrics and are handled through Gracenote. In January 2013, LyricFind acquired Gracenote's lyrics licensing business, merging it in with their own. MetroLyrics' licensing model is distinct, as many lyrics websites offer content that is unlicensed and possibly copyright infringing.
- "MetroLyrics.com WHOIS, DNS, & Domain Info - DomainTools". WHOIS. Retrieved 2016-03-26.
- MetroLyrics: How a B.C. teen created one of the world's biggest music sites
- "About us | MetroLyrics". www.metrolyrics.com. Retrieved 2020-03-14.
- Metroleap.com Archived 2011-02-26 at the Wayback Machine
- "Welcoming Gracenote and Larry Marcus!". January 15, 2013. Archived from the original on November 9, 2014. Retrieved March 14, 2014.
- Plambeck, Joseph (May 9, 2010). "Lyrics Sites at Center of Fight Over Royalties". The New York Times. Retrieved May 9, 2010.
- "CBS Interactive Music Group broadens distribution of its core assets to metrolyrics.com's Global Audience of more than 25 million users". Archived from the original on October 8, 2011. Retrieved October 6, 2011.
- Shaw, Gillian (2011-10-11). "MetroLyrics acquisition by CBS Interactive a high note for Canada's new media". Vancouver Sun. Retrieved 2020-02-06.