Marc Klasfeld is an American music video director. He has directed over two hundred music videos for artists such as Slipknot, Sum 41, Katy Perry, Jay-Z, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Britney Spears, Kid Rock, Michael Bublé, Nelly, Foo Fighters, Kelly Clarkson, Charli XCX, Little Mix, Nick Jonas, Twenty One Pilots, Avril Lavigne, Aerosmith and many others with multiple award wins and nominations.
|Alma mater||NYU Tisch School of the Arts|
His hit video for Wiz Khalifa and Charlie Puth's "See You Again" is currently the 2nd most viewed video on YouTube at 3 billion views, surpassing Psy's "Gangnam Style" on July 10, 2017, but later surpassed by Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee's "Despacito" on August 4, 2017. He is also the founder of Rockhard, a music video production company that has produced videos for Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga, LMFAO, Britney Spears, Aerosmith, Prince, Mariah Carey, Kelly Rowland, Jessie J, Pixie Lott, Adam Lambert, and Big Time Rush among others.
He is also a director of television commercials for Target, Nike, NFL, NBA, Motorola, Reebok, Cartoon Network and Hummer. His best-known commercial work is for Justin Timberlake's Target campaign, ESPN's This is SportsCenter campaign, Hammer Pants Dance for the A&E Network's reality show Hammertime, Avril Lavigne's Canon campaigns and Smirnoff's Green Tea Partay viral video sung by Sebastian Siegel.
On March 29, 2010, Klasfeld released a comedic video of an elementary school reenactment of the Al Pacino film Scarface, entitled "Scarface School Play". It was shown on CNN, CBS, ABC, NBC and Fox News.
He is a graduate of NYU's Tisch School of the Arts.
- "Marc Klasfeld". The New York Times.
- YouTube has a new all-time chart-topper: Wiz Khalifa's "See You Again feat. Charlie Puth" surpassed Psy's "Gangnam Style" as the most-watched video on the Google-owned service late Monday, breaking a nearly five-year-long streak for the Korean pop sensation.
- Savage, Mark (July 11, 2017). "Gangnam Style is no longer the most-played video on YouTube". BBC News. BBC Online. Retrieved 11 July 2017.
- "'Scarface School Play' director steps forward: 'It was a lot of fun'". The Los Angeles Times. 2010-03-30.
- Olsen, Mark (2006-08-11). "'L.A. Riot' comes up far short of spectacular". The Los Angeles Times.
- Dreisinger, Baz (2005-06-19). "Can laughs meet riot?". The Los Angeles Times.
- L.A. Weekly Film Critics (2006-08-09). "Film Reviews". LA Weekly.
- "Eric Roberson - The Moon". youtube.com. YouTube. Retrieved 2015-06-13.
- "Born Jamericans - 'Yardcore (version 1)'". MVDBase.com (video). ASG. 1998–2017. Retrieved 2015-06-13.
- "Biffy Clyro 'Howl' by Marc Klasfeld". Promo News. 10 Aug 2016.