List of missiles by country
This list of missiles by country displays the names of missiles in order of the country where they originate (were developed), with the countries listed alphabetically and annotated with their continent (and defence alliance, if applicable). In cases where multiple nations have developed or produced a missile, it is listed under each significantly participating nation. Within the lists of each country, missiles are ordered by designation and/or calling name (the latter being especially relevant for Russian/Soviet missiles). In some cases multiple listings are used, in order to provide cross-references for easier navigation.
For an alphabetical list by missile name, see the list of missiles.
- Alacrán (a short-range exploratory development based on the Condor I program)
- AS-25K anti-ship missile (AShM), air-to-surface missile (ASM)
- Cóndor I (with major contributions of German technology)
- Cóndor II (in cooperation with several Middle-Eastern countries)
- Cóndor III
- Martin Pescador MP-1000 anti-ship missile (AShM), air-to-surface missile (ASM)
- Mathogo anti-tank guided missile (ATGM)
- A-Darter Fifth generation short range infrared homing air-to-air missile (joint South Africa/Brazil)
- FOG-MPM Fiber-Optical-Guided-Multipurpose-missile.
- AVMT-300 GPS and/or laser-guided long-range missile
- MAA-1A Piranha short-range infrared-homing air-to-air missile.
- MAA-1B Piranha air-to-air missile, also known as "Piranha II".
- MSS-1.2 AC antitank guided missile.
- MSA-3.1 AAé antiaircraft guided missile.
- MAS-5.1 air-to-ground missile
- MAR-1 antiradiation missile (ARM).
- MAN-1 (MANSUP) antiship missile
- MICLA-BR cruise missile
- HY-2(Hai Ying) short-range antiship subsonic cruise missile
- YJ-83 (Ying Ji) Antiship missile
- YJ-91 Antiship missile
- YJ-7 Antiship missile
- YJ-62 Antiship missile
- YJ-12 Antiship missile
- YJ-18 Antiship/Land-attack missile
- DF-3A (Dong Feng) MRBM
- DF-4 IRBM
- DF-5 ICBM
- DF-11 SRBM
- DF-15 SRBM
- DF-16 SRBM
- DF-17 SRBM
- DF-21 MRBM/ASBM
- DF-26 MRBM/ASBM
- DF-31 ICBM Range:8000 km
- DF-31A/DF-31AG ICBM Range:10000~13000 km
- DF-41 ICBM
- DH-10 LACM
- HQ-1 (Hong Qi)SAM
- HQ-2 SAM
- Hongnu-5 SAM
- HQ-7 SAM
- HQ-9 SAM
- HQ-16 SAM
- HQ-10 SAM
- HQ-15 SAM
- HQ-17 SAM
- HQ-18 SAM
- HQ-61 SAM
- KS-1 (Kai Shan)SAM
- LY-60 (Lie Ying)SAM
- QW-1(Qian Wei) SAM
- QW-2 SAM
- CY-1 Series (Chang Ying) Anti-submarine Misslie
- Yu-8 Anti-submarine Missile
- ASGLA (Igla missile) (Germano-Ukrainian) land-based VSHORAD system
- ASRAD-R (Bolide missile) (Germano-Swedish) land-based VSHORAD system
- ASRAD-R Naval (Bolide missile) (Germano-Swedish) shipboard VSHORAD system
- Cobra (Germano-Swiss)
- Cobra 2000 (Germano-Swiss)
- Euromissile HOT (Franco-German) antitank missile
- FC/ASW / FMAN/FMC (Franco-British)
- Falcon (IRIS-T SL missile) (Germano-Swedish-American) land-based SHORAD system
- MGBADS (IRIS-T SL missile) (Germano-Danish-Norwegian) land-based SHORAD system
- RBS-98 (IRIS-T SL missile) (Germano-Swedish) land-based SHORAD system
- IRIS-T (Germano-Italian-Swedish-Greek-Norwegian-Spanish)
- IDAS (Germano-Norwegian-Turkish) submarine-launched anti-air/ship/land missile
- ForceSHIELD (Starstreak missile) (Franco-British) land-based VSHORAD system
- Mamba (Germano-Swiss)
- Martel (Franco-British) Models AJ 168 and AS.37
- MBT LAW (British-Swedish)
- MEADS (PAC-3 MSE missile) (Germano-Italian-American) (cancelled) land-based MRAD system
- MBDA Meteor (Franco-German-British-Italian-Swedish) air-to-air missile
- MILAN (Franco-German)
- MIM-115 Roland (Franco-German) (replaced by LFK NG)
- Mosquito (Germano-Swiss)
- Otomat (Franco-Italian)
- Polyphem (Franco-German) (cancelled)
- PAAMS / Sea Viper (MBDA Aster missile) (Franco-British-Italian) shipboard SHORAD/MRAD system
- SAMP/T (MBDA Aster missile) (Franco-Italian) land-based SHORAD/MRAD system
- Sea Venom / ANL (Franco-British)
- Storm Shadow / SCALP EG (Franco-British)
- Taurus KEPD 150/350 (Germano-Swedish)
- A3SM (Mistral missile) submarine mast VSHORAD system
- A3SM (MICA missile) SLAM
- Crotale surface-to-air missile
- ENTAC (MGM-32)
- ERYX (Franco-Canadian)
- Exocet anti-ship missile
- Masurca (Naval SAM)
- MMP (anti-tank)
- MMP/SEA LAUNCHED (ship-to-ship/shore)
- SS.10 (MGM-21A)
- SS.11 (AGM-22)
- SS.12 / AS.12
- Super 530
- AGM Armiger
- AS.34 Kormoran 1/2
- ASRAD (Stinger, RBS-70 mk2, Igla, Mistral, Starburst missiles) land-based VSHORAD system
- ASRAD-2 land-based VSHORAD system
- EuroSpike (Germano-Israeli)
- IRIS-T SL
- LFK NG
- PARS 3 LR
- RIM-116 RAM (Germano-American)
- TLVS (PAC-3 MSE, IRIS-T SL missiles) (Germano-American) land-based SHORAD/MRAD system
- Aris AA missile system (cancelled)
- Akash: surface-to-air missile.
- Akash-NG: successor to Akash and Akash-1S surface-to-air missiles
- Nag: anti-tank missile
- Amogha: anti-tank missile.
- CLGM: Cannon launched anti-tank missile.
- DRDO Anti Tank Missile
- MPATGM - Man-Portable Anti-Tank Guided Missile
- DRDO SAAW: Precision guided anti airfield bomb
- Agni-I MRBM: surface-to-surface medium-range ballistic missile.
- Agni-II MRBM: surface-to-surface medium-range ballistic missile.
- Agni-III IRBM: surface-to-surface intermediate-range ballistic missile.
- Agni-IV IRBM: surface-to-surface intermediate-range ballistic missile.
- Agni-V ICBM: surface-to-surface intercontinental ballistic missile.
- Agni-VI: Four-stage Intercontinental ballistic missile. (under development)
- Surya: Intercontinental ballistic missile. Range:8000km - 17000km(Under development)
- K Missile family
- Shaurya: surface-to-surface hypersonic tactical missile.
- BrahMos: cruise missile.
- BrahMos-II: hypersonic missile (under development).
- Astra BVRAAM: active radar homing beyond-visual-range missile.
- DRDO SFDR BVRAAM: Solid Fuel Ducted Ramjet propulsion based air to air missile
- Novator KS-172 is a Russian/Indian air-to-air missile designed as an "AWACS killer" at ranges up to 400 km.
- DRDO Anti-Radiation Missile: air-to-surface antiradiation missile (under development).
- DRDO NASM-SR (Short Range - Naval Anti-Ship Missile)
- Nirbhay: long-range subsonic cruise missile. (under development)
- Prahaar: tactical short-range ballistic missile.
- Pragati: Higher range variant of Prahaar
- Pralay: short-range ballistic missile
- Pinaka: guided rockets (Pinaka Mk1 unguided & MK2 guided rockets, Pinaka MkIII in development)
- Barak 8: long-range surface-to-air missile.
- Maitri DRDO quick-reaction surface-to-air missile.
- QRSAM DRDO, BEL and BDL's quick reaction surface-to-air missile.
- VL-SRSAM DRDI and BDL's short range surface-to-air missile.
- Pradyumna ballistic missile interceptor: ballistic missile interceptor, surface-to-air missile.
- Ashwin Ballistic Missile Interceptor: ballistic missile interceptor and antiaircraft missile.
- Trishul: surface-to-air missile.
- Prithvi Air Defence: exo-atmospheric anti-ballistic missile.
- Advanced Air Defence: endoatmospheric anti-ballistic missile.
- Prithvi Defence Vehicle: anti-ballistic missile.
- PDV MkI
- PDV MkII (ASAT & ICBM interceptor)
- AD-1 & AD-2 (Program AD ballistic missile defence system) - exoatmospheric antiballistic missile and potential hypersonic glide vehicle interceptor. (under development)
- XR-SAM: Long-range surface to air missile
- Pranash : Short-range tactical ballistic missile
- Arash 122 mm unguided artillery rocket
- Ashoura Two stage Solid fueled MRBM
- Bavar-373 long range road mobile surface-to-air missile
- Bina laser guided dual capability surface to surface amd Air-to-surface missile
- Dehlaviyeh man-portable ATGM
- Dezful MRBM
- Emad liquid fueled MRBM
- Fajr Multiple launch rocket systems:
- Fajr-3 liquid fueled MRBM
- Fajr-4 air-to-surface guided rocket
- Fakour-90 long rage Air-to-air missile
- Falaq Multiple launch rocket systems:
- Fateh-110 road-mobile single-stage solid-fueled surface-to-surface missile
- Fateh-313 Solid fueled SRBM
- Fateh Mobin single-stage solid propelled Terminal Infrared homing dual surface-to-surface and anti-ship short-range ballistic missile
- Fatter short range Air-to-air missile
- Ghadir Anti-ship cruise missile(ASCM), dual land-based and ship-based launch platform compatible
- Ghadr-110 Two stage MRBM
- Haseb short-range 107 mm artillery rocket
- Herz-9 mobile short-range air defense system
- Hoot supercavitation Torpedo
- Hormoz anti-ship ballistic missiles:
- Hoveyzeh all-weather surface-to-surface cruise missile
- Jask-2 short-range SLCM
- Kamin-2 wheeled, road-mobile short-range air defense system
- Khalij Fars single stage Solid fueled supersonic Anti-ship Quasi Ballistic missile
- Khordad 15 surface-to-air missile system
- Khorramshahr liquid fueled MRBM
- Kowsar Medium range, land-based Solid fueled Anti-ship missile
- Mersad low to mid range air defense system
- Mehrab intermediate range Solid fueled smart surface-to-air missile
- Meshkat Medium range cruise missile under development
- Misagh MANPADS:
- Nasr-1 short range anti ship missile
- Nasr-e Basir Anti-ship Cruise missile(ASCM)
- Naze'at Artillery rockets:
- Noor short-range 122 mm artillery rocket
- Noor long-range anti-ship cruise missile(ASCM)
- Oghab unguided 230 mm artillery rocket
- Qader medium-range anti-ship cruise missile(ASCM)
- Qased 3 Smart Electro-optically Guided ALCM
- Qaem SACLOS beam-riding SHORAD surface-to-air missile
- Qiam 1 SRBM
- Ra'ad medium-range aerial defence system
- Ra'ad wire-guided ATGM
- Ra'ad subsonic anti-ship cruise missile(ASCM)
- Ra'ad-500 short-range ballistic missile
- Sadid-1 TV-guided ATGM
- Saegheh wire-guided SACLOS ATGM
- Saegheh 40 mm anti-personnel rocket
- Saegheh short-range surface-to-surface missile
- Samen road-mobile solid propelled SRBM
- Sayyad surface-to-air missiles:
- Sevom Khordad medium-range aerial defence system
- Sejjil solid-fueled MRBM
- Shahab Ballistic missiles:
- Shahin artillery rockets:
- Shahin medium-range supersonic surface-to-air missile/Anti-ballistic missile
- Shalamcheh medium-range supersonic surface-to-air missile
- Soumar long-range cruise missile
- Tabas medium-range aerial defence system
- Taer 2 mid-range radar guided Solid propelled Surface-to-air missile
- Talash 3 long-range mobile surface-to-air missile system
- Tondar laser beam riding ATGM
- Tondar-69 SRBM
- Toophan SACLOS ATGM
- Valfajr modern homing torpedo system
- Ya-Ali ALCM
- Ya Zahra short-range Air defence system
- Zafar short-range, anti-ship cruise missile(ASCM)
- Zelzal Artillery rocket:
- Zolfaghar road-mobile single-stage Solid-propelled SRBM
- Zoobin TV-guided air-to-surface missile
Arrow antiballistic missile (ABM)
- Barak 1 (naval point defense)
- Barak 8 (naval area defense)
- Delilah (Cruise missile of several variants: drone, air-to-ground, possible antiradiation version as well)
- David's Sling/Magic Wand (land-based MRAD system)
- Derby (air-to-air, also known as the "Alto", with also a ground-to-air version for the SPYDER system)
- Gabriel (ship-to-ship and air-to-ship variants)
- Iron Dome (land-based C-RAM and SHORAD system)
- C-Dome (shipboard SHORAD system)
- Jericho II IRBM (ground-to-ground ballistic)
- Jericho III ICBM (ground-to-ground ballistic)
- LAHAT (guided antitank)
- LORA (ground to ground)
- Nimrod (guided antitank)
- Popeye (air-to-ground cruise missile. USAF designation: AGM-142 Have Nap. Possibly larger derivatives exist as well, including a submarine-launched variant)
- Python 5 (air-to-air, with also a ground-to-air version for the SPYDER system)
- Spike/Gil (man-portable antitank guided missile, tactical ground-to-ground (Spike NLOS))
- Naval Spike (ship-to-ship/shore)
- SPYDER (Python, Derby missiles) land-based SHORAD/MRAD system
- AAM-1 (Type 69 air-to-air missile)
- AAM-2 (Program was canceled)
- AAM-3 (Type 90 air-to-air missile)
- AAM-4 (Type 99 air-to-air missile)
- AAM-5 (Type 04 air-to-air missile)
- AAM-5B (Development)
- ASM-1 (Type 80 air-to-ship missile)
- ASM-1C (Type 91 air-to-ship missile)
- ASM-2 (Type 93 air-to-ship missile)
- ATM-1 (Type 64 antitank missile)
- ATM-2 (Type 79 antitank missile)
- ATM-3 (Type 87 antitank missile)
- ATM-4 (Type 96 multipurpose missile system)
- ATM-5 (Type 01 light antitank missile)
- ATM-6 (medium-range multipurpose missile)
- SAM-1 (Type 81 short-range surface-to-air missile) (SAM)
- SAM-2 (Type 91 man-portable surface-to-air missile) (SAM)
- SAM-3 (Type 93 short-range surface-to-air missile)
- SAM-4 (Type 03 medium-range surface-to-air missile)
- SAM-4B (Development)
- Type 11 short-range surface-to-air missile (SAM)
- Type 12 Surface-to-Ship Missile
- SSM-1 (Type 88 surface-to-ship missile)
- SSM-1B (Type 90 ship-to-ship missile)
- SM-3 Block-II/IIA (Joint development with the U.S.)
- Type 07 (Type 07 Vertical Launched ASROC)
- Ogbunigwe (multipurpose missile)
- Anza Mk.1, Mk.2 – MANPADS
- Ababeel – MRBM, MIRV Capable
- Barq – laser guided air-to-surface missile
- Baktar-Shikan – antitank missile
- Babur (cruise missile)/Hatf VII
- Hatf-VIII (Ra'ad) – ALCM
- Ghauri I – MRBM
- Shaheen-I – SRBM
- Ghauri II – MRBM
- Ra'ad-II long-range ALCM
- Shaheen II – MRBM
- Shaheen-III – MRBM
- Ghaznavi – SRBM
- Hatf-IA – BRBM
- Abdali-I – SRBM
- Hatf-IX (Nasr) – TBM
- Zarb - antiship missile
- Grom (Russo-Polish)
- Poprad (Grom, Piorun missiles) land-based VSHORAD system
The NATO reporting name of each missile is shown in parentheses behind the proper name.
By NATO name
- RSA-1 (Variant of the Jericho II second stage for use as a mobile missile)
- RSA-2 (Variant of the Jericho II)
- RSA-3 (Variant of the Shavit)
- RSA-4 (Upper stages of the Shavit with a heavy first stage)
(Above missile prototypes made by Houwteq, none entered production)
Legend: In South Korean service
- Baeksangeo (White Shark) heavyweight torpedo
- Cheolmae-2 (KM-SAM) medium-range surface-to-air missile
- Cheongsangeo (Blue Shark) lightweight torpedo
- Chiron surface-to-air missile
- C-Star ship-to-ship missile
- KL-SAM ground-based long-range surface-to-air SAM/ABM
- KAGM air-to-ground missile
- K-BATS multipayload tactical ballistic missile system
- K-LOGIR 2.75 inch (70 mm) missile
- Haeseong I antiship missile
- Haeseong II ship-to-surface cruise missile
- Haeseong III antiship cruise missile
- Hongsangeo (Red Shark) rocket-based torpedo and antisubmarine missile (K-ASROC)
- Baekgom tactical ballistic missile
- Hyunmoo-1 tactical ballistic missile
- Hyunmoo-2A tactical ballistic missile
- Hyunmoo-2B tactical ballistic missile
- Hyunmoo-2C tactical ballistic missile
- Hyunmoo-3A tactical cruise missile
- Hyunmoo-3B tactical cruise missile
- Hyunmoo-3C tactical cruise missile
- Hyunmoo-3D/Hyunmoo-4 tactical cruise missile
- Pegasus surface-to-air missile
- K-SAAM ship-based antimissile missile (ABM)
- Hyun-Gung antitank missile
- K-RAM surface-to-air missile (SAM)
- Leaflet 130 mm ship-to-ship guided missile
- Tactical Flag ship-to-surface guided missile
- KGGB GPS-guided air-to-surface missile
Legend: In European service
Legend: In European service
Legend: In Taiwanese service
- Hsiung Feng I (HF-1) (anti-ship)
- Hsiung Feng II (HF-2) (anti-ship)
- Hsiung Feng IIE (HF-2E) (long range land-attack cruise missile)
- Hsiung Feng III (HF-3) (supersonic anti-ship and/or land-attack cruise missile)
- Sky Bow I (TK-1) (SAM)
- Sky Bow II (TK-2) (SAM)
- Sky Bow III (TK-3) (SAM)
- Sky Spear (short range SSBM)
- Sky Horse (ballistic missile)
- Sky Sword I (TC-1) (air-to-air)
- Sky Sword II (TC-2) (air-to-air)
- TC-2A (Anti-radiation variant)
- TC-2N (Naval variant)
- TC-2C (Advanced air-to-air variant)
- Wan Chien (air launched cruise missile)
- Yun Feng (supersonic long-range cruise missile)
Legend: In Turkish service
- Aselsan Hisar-A, low altitude surface-to-air missile,
- Aselsan Hisar-O, medium altitude surface-to-air missile,
- Bozdoğan, air-to-air missile
- Gökdoğan, air-to-air missile
- Karaok man-portable short-range Anti-tank guided missile
- Mızrak-O, medium range missile,
- Mızrak-U, long range missile,
- PMADS naval/land-based VSHORAD system
- Roketsan Atmaca, Anti-ship Cruise missile (ASCM),
- Roketsan Bora, tactical ballistic missile,
- Roketsan Cirit, laser-guided air-to-surface missile,
- Roketsan Gezgin, cruise missile.
- Roketsan J-600T Yıldırım, BRBM
- Roketsan SOM, ALCM, AShM
- T-122 Sakarya self-propelled 122 mm MLRS
- TOROS 230-260 mm multiple rocket launcher
- ASRAAM (AIM-132) "advanced short-range air-to-air missile"
- Bloodhound long-range surface-to-air missile (SAM)
- Blowfish submarine mast VSHORAD system
- Blowpipe man-portable surface-to-air missile (SAM)
- Blue Steel nuclear "stand-off bomb"
- Blue Streak nuclear "stand-off missile" (never produced)
- Blue Water – surface-to-surface nuclear missile
- Brakemine WW II surface-to-air missile project
- CAMM "Common Anti-aircraft Modular Missile"
- Fairey Fireflash air-to-air missile
- Fairey Stooge antiship missile
- Fire Shadow
- Firestreak air-to-air missile
- Green Cheese
- Javelin man-portable surface-to-air missile (SAM)
- Malkara (Australian-British)
- Polaris (British-American version)
- Rapier battlefield surface-to-air missile (SAM)
- Red Dean
- Red Hebe
- Red Top air-to-air missile
- Sea Cat shipboard surface-to-air missile (SAM)
- Sea Dart shipboard surface-to-air missile
- Sea Eagle air launched anti-ship missile
- Sea Skua air launched anti-ship missile
- Sea Slug shipboard surface-to-air missile
- Sea Wolf shipboard surface-to-air missile
- Skybolt ALBM nuclear "stand-off missile" (British-American version) (never produced)
- Skyflash - British-produced equivalent to American "Sparrow" missile
- SPEAR "Selective Precision Effects At Range"
- Swingfire antitank missile
- UB.109T cruise missile (cancelled)
- Vickers Vigilant
Missile Design Series (Unified)
|Status Prefix||Launch Environment||Basic Mission||Vehicle Type|
|C – Captive||A – Air||C – Transport||B – Booster|
|D – Dummy||B – Multiple||D – Decoy||M – Guided Missile|
|J – Special Test (Temporary)||C – Coffin||E – Electronic/Communications||N – Probe|
|M – Maintenance||F – Individual||G – Surface Attack||R – Rocket|
|N – Special Test (Permanent)||G – Surface||I – Aerial/Space Intercept||S – Satellite|
|X – Experimental||H – Silo Stored||L – Launch Detection/Surveillance|
|Y – Prototype||L – Silo-Launched||M – Scientific/Calibration|
|Z – Planning||M – Mobile||N – Navigation|
|P – Soft Pad||Q – Drone|
|R – Ship||S – Space Support|
|S – Space||T – Training|
|U – Underwater||U – Underwater Attack|
|W – Weather|
|Launch Environment||Multiple||– B|
|Basic Mission||Surface Attack||– G|
|Vehicle Type||Guided Missile||– M|
|Design Number||109th Missile Design||– 109|
|Series||7th Version of the Design||– G|
Legend: In US service
The list of U. S. missiles, sorted by ascending MDS number:
Joint Designation System of 1947
|Status Prefix||Launch Environment||Target Environment||System Designation||Developing Service||Sequence Number||Modification Suffix|
|R – Research||A – Air||A – Air||M – Missile||A – Air Force|
|T – Training||S – Surface||S – Surface||G – Army|
|X – Experimental||U – Underwater||U – Underwater||N – Navy|
|Y – Service Test|
|Basic Mission||System Designation||Developing Service||Sequence Number||Modification Suffix|
|C – Control||TV – Test Vehicle||A – Air Force|
|L – Launching||G – Army|
|P – Propulsion||N – Navy|
|R – Research|
Air Force: Consecutive numerical sequence for each missile mission type.
Army: Single numerical sequence until 1948 when the sequence numbers were restarted.
Navy: Initially even numbers transitioning to sequential.
Sample Vehicle Designation "SSM-A-2 Navaho"
|Launch Environment||S – Surface||S|
|Target Environment||S – Surface||S|
|System Designation||M – Missile||M|
|Developing Service||A – Air Force||A|
|Sequence Number||Sequential Number||2|
|Modification Suffix||Not Used|
Sample Test Vehicle Designation "RTV-G-1 WAC Corporal"
|System Designation||TV – Test Vehicle||TV|
|Developing Service||G – Army||G|
|Modification Suffix||Not Used|
United States Air Force Designation Systems
United States Air Force Designation System, 1947–1951
|Basic Mission||Sequence Number||Modification Series|
|B – Bomber "Ground Attack Missile"|
|F – Fighter "Antiaircraft Missile"|
|X – Experimental|
The list of missiles sorted by ascending Air Force 1951–1955 designations.
|Status Prefix||Basic Mission||Sequence Number||Modification Series|
|H – Hardened||GAM – Guided Air-Launched Missile|
|R – Reconnaissance||GAR – Guided Air-Launched Rocket|
|S – Space||IM – Intercept Missile|
|T – Training||RM – Research Missile|
|U – Training||SM – Strategic Missile|
|X – Experimental||TM – Tactical Missile|
|Y – Service Test|
Sample Air Force 1955–1963 designation: "XSM-73"
|Basic Mission||Strategic Missile||SM|
|Sequence Number||6th non-GAR missile after 67||73|
|Modification Series||Not Used|
The list of missiles sorted by ascending Air Force 1955–1963 designations.
United States Navy Designation Systems
The list of missiles sorted by ascending Navy 1941 – 1945 designations.
|Pre-Fix||Basic Mission||Manufacturer Code|
|X – Experimental||BD – Assault Drone||D – McDonnell|
|LB – Bomb Carrying Glider||E – Pratt-Read|
|TD – Target Drone||P – Piper|
|T – Taylorcraft|
|Basic Mission||Manufacturer Sequence Number||Manufacturer Code|
|KA – Antiaircraft||None – First Missile Constructed by Manufacturer||D – McDonnell|
|KD – Drone||2 – Second Missile Constructed by Manufacturer||M – Martin|
|KG – Ground Attack||3 – 3rd Missile Constructed by Manufacturer||N – Naval Air Material Unit|
|KS – Antiship||Q – Fairchild|
|KU – Research and Test||S – Sperry|
|Y – Convair|
|W – Willys-Overland|
United States Navy Designation System 1947 – 1963
United States Army Designation Systems
|Designation||Function||Period of Usage|
|BG – Bomb Glider||Glider with explosive warhead||1942 to 1944|
|BQ – Guided Bomb||Ground-launched remote controlled drone||1942 to 1945|
|GB – Glide Bomb||Guided Bomb||1941 to 1947|
|GT – Glide Torpedo||Guided Bomb with a torpedo||1943 to 1947|
|JB – Jet Bomb||Missile||1943 to 1947|
|VB – Vertical Bomb||Guided Bomb||1943 to 1947|
The list of missiles sorted by ascending Army 1941–1947 designations.
- JB-1 Bat
- JB-2 Doodle Bug
- JB-3 Tiamet
- JB-4 Project MX-607
- JB-5 Project MX-595
- JB-6 Project MX-600
- JB-7 Project MX-605
- JB-8 GAPA
- JB-9 Project MX-626
- JB-10 Bat
United States Army Designation System 1948 – 1955
United States Army Designation System 1955 – 1963
|Prefix||Army Ordnance Designator||Equipment Category Sequence Number||Modification Suffix|
|X – Pre Production||M – Ordnance Designator|
United States Undesignated Missiles
The list of undesignated United States missiles sorted alphabetically:
1Australian target missile briefly used by the United States Navy.
2The United States procured Rapier missile systems for the air defense of United States Air Force Bases in the United Kingdom.
- Kopp, Carlo; Andrew, Martin (August 12, 2009). "PLA Cruise Missiles / PLA Air - Surface Missiles". p. 1 – via www.ausairpower.net.
- "India Tests Stand-off Anti-tank Missile | Aviation Week Network". m.aviationweek.com.
- "List of important Missiles of India for IBPS SBI SSC and all other Competitive Exams 2015 | Bank4Study". bank4study.com. Retrieved 2016-03-03.
- "Astra-2 Solid Fuel Ducted Ramjet (SFDR)".
- "India Developing Defence System For More Capable Missiles".
- "Interview - Secretary, department of defence R&D and chairman, Defence Research and Development Organisation, Dr G. Satheesh Reddy". Force India. August 12, 2019.
- "Technologies and Products". Defence Research wnd Development Laboratory (DRDL). Retrieved 2019-12-25.
- "India to develop 200-km range tactical ballistic missile". Hindustan Times. 2020-02-06. Retrieved 2020-02-07.
- "The Hwasong that Never Ends". www.armscontrolwonk.com. Retrieved 2021-03-12.
- Kopp, Carlo (August 6, 2009). "Soviet/Russian Cruise Missiles". p. 1 – via www.ausairpower.net.
- "Europe | Russia tests long-range missile". BBC News. 2007-05-29. Retrieved 2015-12-24.
- "RSA-1". astronautix.com. 2007-10-20. Archived from the original on 2016-03-03.
- "RSA-2". astronautix.com. 2007-10-20. Archived from the original on 2012-06-19.
- "RSA-3". astronautix.com. 2007-10-20. Archived from the original on 2014-08-05.
- "RSA-4". astronautix.com. 2007-10-20. Archived from the original on 2014-08-05.
- "Eurosatory 2016: South Korea's Hanwha reveals ballistic target system – IHS Jane's 360". janes.com. Retrieved 13 January 2017.
- Pike, John. "L-SAM Long-range Surface-to-Air Missile". globalsecurity.org. Retrieved 13 January 2017.
- "Ship-Launched/Air-Launched Guided Missiles > Precision Guided Missile > Business Areas > LIG Nex1". lignex1.com. Retrieved 13 January 2017.
- "Savunmada 2020'de yeni teslimatlar başlıyor". Anadolu News Agency (in Turkish). 6 January 2020. Retrieved 8 March 2020.
- Şahin, Anıl (7 January 2020). "BOZDOĞAN'ın ardından GÖKDOĞAN'dan da tam isabet!" (in Turkish). Savunma Sanayi. Retrieved 8 March 2020.
- "CİRİT 2.75″ Lazer Güdümlü Füze" (in Turkish). Roketsan. Retrieved 8 March 2020.
- Kasapoğlu, Can; Stiftung Wissenschaft Und Politik (2019). "Turkey's nuclear onset". SWP Comment. doi:10.18449/2019C38.
- Office of the Under Secretary of Defense (AT&L), DoD 4120.15-L Model Designation of Military Aerospace Vehicles, Department of Defense, May 12, 2004
- Bridges Derek. (2007) M-Missiles, Archived 2007-11-18 at the Wayback Machine, retrieved December 25, 2007
- Andreas Parsch, Pre-1963 Designations of U.S. Missile and Drones, , Retrieved November 17, 2007.
- Andreas Parsch, Pre-1963 Designations of U.S. Missile and Drones, , Retrieved November 13, 2007.
- Missile's Mission: Picking Off The Strays, October 1950, Popular Science detailed article