La La Anthony
Alani Nicole "La La" Anthony (née Vázquez) is an American television personality, author, businesswoman, producer and actress. In the early 2000s, Anthony worked as an MTV VJ on Total Request Live. She was the host of the VH1 reality television reunion shows Flavor of Love, I Love New York, For the Love of Ray J, and Real Chance of Love, and was a dean on Charm School with Ricki Lake.
La La Anthony
Alani Nicole Vázquez
New York City, U.S.
|Alma mater||Howard University|
|Occupation||Television personality, actress, author, businesswoman|
Anthony appeared in Two Can Play That Game (2001), You Got Served (2004), Think Like a Man (2012), Think Like a Man 2 (2014), November Rule (2015) and Destined (2015). She appeared as Lakeisha Grant in the Starz original drama series Power. She hosted the American reality television series La La's Full Court Wedding and La La's Full Court Life. She married NBA player Carmelo Anthony in 2010.
Anthony was born in Brooklyn, New York. Her parents are of Puerto Rican heritage born and raised in New York City. Anthony (who describes herself as an Afro-Puerto Rican) has a younger brother and two younger sisters. As a young child, she was involved in many activities, but music was her main interest. She went to Howard University, where she studied communications but did not graduate.
At the age of 15, Anthony started working in radio at WHTA-FM, HOT 97.5 in Georgia. After a short internship at that station, and while still in high school, she hosted Future Flavas, alongside rapper/actor Ludacris.
In 2003, Anthony left MTV. She worked as a producer on Mike Tyson’s documentary, Tyson, which won the Regard Knockout Award in France and was included in the 2009 Cannes Film Festival. Anthony also produced a feature film with director/producer Brett Ratner.
Anthony appeared in films Two Can Play That Game, Think Like a Man, Baggage Claim and television shows "NYC 22" and Single Ladies. Other film credits include Urban Massacre (2002), Monster Island (2004), and You Got Served (2004).
In October 2011, Anthony appeared in the off-Broadway production of Love Loss and What I Wore. Anthony appeared in and executive produced La La's Full Court Wedding, which chronicled the time leading up to her wedding to NBA star Carmelo Anthony.
On Christmas Day 2004, La La became engaged to basketball player Carmelo Anthony. Their son, Kiyan Carmelo Anthony, was born on March 7, 2007. They were married by Michael Eric Dyson on July 10, 2010, at Cipriani's in New York before 320 guests. The ceremony was filmed by VH1 and aired as part of a reality series on the couple, titled La La's Full Court Wedding. The couple's life together is chronicled on their continuation series, La La's Full Court Life. In June 2021, La La filed for divorce.
|2001||Two Can Play That Game||DJ|
|2002||Urban Massacre||Pam Jackson|
|Total Request Live||Herself||TV series|
|2002–2006||Direct Effect||Host||TV series|
|2003||50 Cent: The New Breed||Herself||Documentary|
|Sex and the City||MTV Interviewer||TV series; episode: "The Post-it Always Sticks Twice"|
|The Real World: Paris||Host||TV series; episode: "French Kissing and Telling, The Real World: Paris Reunion"|
|2004||You Got Served||Herself|
|Monster Island||Herself||TV movie|
|One on One||Kendra||TV series; episode: "Phatheadz"|
|Real World/Road Rules Challenge: The Inferno||Host||TV series; episode: "Montezuma's Revenge: Inside the Inferno Reunion Show"|
|2005||Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Battle of the Sexes 2||TV series; episode: "Battle of the Sexes 2: Reunion - Secrets from Elimination Hill"|
|Flavor of Love||Host||TV series; episode: "Reunion: After the Lovin"|
|Chappelle's Show||Herself||TV series; episode: #3.2|
|Flavor of Love 2||Host||TV series; episode: "Reunion: After the Lovin"|
|2007||I Love New York||TV series; episode: "Reunion Show"|
|Flavor of Love Girls: Charm School||TV series; episode: "Reunion Show"|
|2008||I Love New York 2||TV series; episode: "Reunion Show"|
|Flavor of Love 3||TV series; episode: "Reunion: After the Lovin"|
|2009||For the Love of Ray J||TV series; episode: "Reunion Show"|
|Charm School with Ricki Lake||Judge/Dean|
|Real Chance of Love||Host||TV series; episode: "Reunion Show"|
|2010||La La's Full Court Wedding||Herself||TV series|
|For the Love of Ray J 2||Host||TV series; episode: "Reunion Show"|
|2011–2014||La La's Full Court Life||Herself||TV series|
|2012||Think Like a Man||Sonia||Film|
|Keeping Up with the Kardashians||Herself||Episode: "Agree to Disagree"|
|Law and Order: Special Victims Unit||Ana||Episode: "Poisoned Motive"|
|2014||Think Like a Man Too||Sonia||Film|
|2014–2020||Power||Lakeisha Grant||Main/Recurring Role|
|Unforgettable||Delina Michaels||TV series|
|2017||The New Edition Story||Flo DeVoe||TV movie|
|Daytime Divas||Isabel Carlisle||Recurring role|
|Deuces||Detective Sonya Diaz|
|2018||Star||Angel's mom||Season 2|
|2020||The Chi||Dom||Recurring role|
|TBA||Black Mafia Family||Markaisha Taylor||Recurring role|
|Wu-Tang: An American Saga||Tracy Waples||Recurring role|
|2018||"In My Feelings"||Kiki||Drake song|
|2019||"Hot Girl Summer"||Herself||Megan Thee Stallion song|
- "Alani La La Anthony". April 19, 2020.[dead link]
- "La La Anthony". April 19, 2020.[dead link]
- "*Exclusive Updated* La La Vazquez Settles Controversy "Is She Black Or Latina?"". bossip.com. December 13, 2010. Retrieved June 2, 2017.
- "Meet the VJs: La La". VH1. Retrieved May 5, 2009.
- "La La Anthony Launches Makeup Line, Continues to Be Completely Flawless". Glamour. February 1, 2012. Retrieved July 7, 2013.
- "5th & Mercer | SHOPBOP". January 22, 2015. Archived from the original on January 22, 2015.
- "Nuggets' Anthony Proposes to MTV Host". Associated Press. January 1, 2005.[dead link]
- "Hill collided withv cameraman during game". ESPN. January 2, 2005.
- Margaret, Mary (March 7, 2004). "LaLa Vazquez Has a Boy with NBA's Carmelo Anthony". People. Retrieved May 5, 2009.
- Margaret, Mary (March 7, 2007). "LaLa Vazquez Has a Boy with NBA's Carmelo Anthony". People.
- "LaLa Vazquez, Carmelo Anthony Say "I Do"". Us Weekly. July 10, 2010. Retrieved July 7, 2013.
- D'Zurilla, Christie. "Carmelo Anthony, Lala Vazquez get married in New York". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved July 7, 2013.
- Wihlborg, Ulrica (July 10, 2010). "LaLa Vazquez Weds Carmelo Anthony". People. Retrieved July 7, 2013.
- "Melo, La La wedding series comes to VH1". The Denver Post. September 19, 2010. Retrieved July 7, 2013.
- Roberts, Fletcher (February 24, 2011). "La La Vazquez, the Wife of Carmelo Anthony, Gets VH1 Show". The New York Times. Retrieved July 7, 2013.
- Zaldivar, Gabe (February 23, 2011). "Just As We Thought, Melo and LaLa Vazquez Will Get New Series". Bleacher Report. Archived from the original on April 13, 2014. Retrieved July 7, 2013.
- Taylor, Derrick Bryson (June 27, 2017). "La La Has No Current Plans To Divorce Carmelo". Page Six. Retrieved June 28, 2017.
- Uwumarogie, Victoria (June 17, 2021). "It's Really Over: La La Anthony Reportedly Files For Divorce From Carmelo Anthony After 11 Years Of Marriage". Essence. Retrieved June 18, 2021.