Kristin Lisa Herrera (born February 21, 1989) is an American actress. She is best known for her role as Dana Cruz on the first season of the Nickelodeon series Zoey 101 and as Lourdes Del Torro on General Hospital.
Kristin Lisa Herrera
February 21, 1989
|Years active||2000–2008, 2019–present|
Life and career
Herrera was born in Los Angeles, California on February 21, 1989. She has two older brothers and a sister, named Ryan, Justin and Ashley. She is of Mexican and Puerto Rican descent and speaks fluent Spanish. She attended Hillcrest Christian School in Granada Hills, Los Angeles.
Herrera has been acting in commercials since she was six. Her first TV role was in a phone service commercial. Other roles include Eleena on NYPD Blue, Aimee Varga on The Division, Sophie on The Bernie Mac Show, Katie on 7th Heaven and Frederika in ER.
In 2004, at 15, Herrera was cast as Dana Cruz in Zoey 101, Zoey Brooks (Jamie Lynn Spears) and Nicole Bristow's (Alexa Nikolas) roommate. After the first season, Herrera was unceremoniously written out from working on Zoey 101 because the producers thought she looked too old next to her co-stars, though it was never confirmed by Nickelodeon. She was replaced by the character Lola Martinez (Victoria Justice). She also co-starred in feature film Freedom Writers opposite Hilary Swank. In 2008, Herrera had quit acting. Her last acting role was on the soap opera General Hospital. On July 15, 2016, Herrera announced via Instagram that she is engaged to long time partner, Daniel Novak. Their engagement ended shortly afterward. However, on February 14, 2020, she announced that she is engaged to Novak again.
|2007||Freedom Writers||Gloria Munez|
|2001||NYPD Blue||Elena Rodriguez||Episode: "Oh Golly Goth"|
|2002||7th Heaven||Katie||Episode: "Letting Go"|
|2002||The Division||Aimee Varga||Episode: "Remembrance"|
|2002||The Bernie Mac Show||Sophia||Episode: "Bernie Mac Dance Party"|
|2004||ER||Frederika Meehan||Episode: "The Student"|
|2004–08||General Hospital||Lourdes Del Torro||Recurring role|
|2005||Zoey 101||Dana Cruz||Main role (season 1)|
|2006||Without a Trace||Rose Martinez||Episode: "White Balance"|
|2020||All That||Herself||Season 11 episode|
- Schneider, Dan. "Kristin Herrera". danschneider.com. Schneider's Bakery. Retrieved January 25, 2018.
- Famous Hispanic American Actresses, Famous101.com
- Adams, Michelle Medlock (2005). Jamie Lynn Spears. Mitchell Lane Publishers. p. 24. ISBN 9781584153955.
- Terrace, Vincent (April 9, 2009). The Year in Television, 2008: A Catalog of New and Continuing Series, Miniseries, Specials and TV Movies. McFarland & Company. p. 276. ISBN 9780786443918.
- Brooks, Tim; Marsh, Earle F. (June 24, 2009). The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network and Cable TV Shows, 1946-Present. Random House Publishing Group. p. 1564. ISBN 9780307483201.
- Green 2012, p. 178.
- Hiramine, Brie (April 4, 2016). "OMG: Shocking Reasons Celebrities Left Television Shows". J-14. Retrieved January 25, 2018.
- Green 2012, p. 190.
- van Heertum, Richard; Kashani, T.; Nocella, A.; Frymer, B. (November 14, 2010). Hollywood’s Exploited: Public Pedagogy, Corporate Movies, and Cultural Crisis. Springer Publishing. p. 94. ISBN 9780230117426.
- Blum, Daniel C.; Willis, John (2007). Screen World. 59. Crown Publishers. p. 3.
- Jones, Marcus (November 21, 2019). "Jamie Lynn Spears is reuniting with the cast of 'Zoey 101' on the new 'All That'". Entertainment Weekly.
- Green, Doyle (February 28, 2012). Teens, TV and Tunes: The Manufacturing of American Adolescent Culture. McFarland & Company. p. 229. ISBN 9780786466429.CS1 maint: ref=harv (link)