Joyce M. Roche
Joyce M. Roché is the former President and Chief Executive Officer of Girls Incorporated.
Joyce M. Roche
|Born||March 16, 1947|
|Alma mater||Dillard University, Columbia University|
|Occupation||Former President and Chief Executive Officer of Girls Incorporated|
|Board member of||Macy's Inc., Tupperware Corporation|
|Website||Biography at Girls Incorporated|
Roché is a graduate of Dillard University in New Orleans and holds an MBA from Columbia University. She also has honorary doctorate degrees from Dillard University, where she chaired the Board of Trustees, North Adams State College, Bryant University, Mercy College, and Old Dominion University.
Roché served as a Director of Southern New England Telecommunications from 1997 until the company was acquired by AT&T Inc. in 1998, where she continued her role as Director. She is a Director of Federated Department Stores, Macy's Inc., and Tupperware Corporation. She has previously served as a Director of Anheuser-Busch Companies, Inc. and The National Underground Railroad Freedom Center.
Roché released The Empress Has No Clothes: Conquering Self-Doubt to Embrace Success in 2013 (Berrett-Kholer Publishers). The book is a guide to understanding and overcoming impostor syndrome.
- "Joyce M. Roché: Executive Profile & Biography - Bloomberg". www.bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2019-03-19.
- "Dillard University | Board of Trustees". www.dillard.edu. Retrieved 2019-06-10.
- "Joyce Roche's Biography". The HistoryMakers. Retrieved 2019-07-26.
- "Leading Women's Annual Leadership Roundtable". Leading Women. Archived from the original on 2011-07-06. Retrieved 2011-01-11.
- "Top business execs Joyce M Roche and Bruce Barrigan appointed to Chatham County Hospital Authority - Savannah Business Journal". savannahbusinessjournal.com. Retrieved 2019-06-10.
- Lang, Brent; Lieberman, David (2019-04-30). "What the Media's Most Powerful Executives Were Paid in 2018". Variety. Retrieved 2019-05-29.
- "Nonfiction Book Review: The Empress Has No Clothes: Conquering Self-Doubt to Embrace Success by Joyce M. Roché, with Alexander Kopelman. Berrett-Koehler (Ingram, dist.), $18.95 trade paper (240p) ISBN 978-1-609-94636-4". PublishersWeekly.com. Retrieved 2020-11-26.
- "From Berrett Koehler Publishers: The Empress Has No Clothes". Berrett-Koehler Publishers. Retrieved 2020-11-26.