John Kass (born June 25, 1956) is an American columnist and former editorial board member for the Chicago Tribune. Until summer 2020, his opinion pieces regularly appeared on page 2 of the main news section of the Tribune, instead of on the opinion/editorial pages; this is the spot formerly occupied by Mike Royko.
|Born||June 25, 1956|
Chicago, Illinois, U.S.
|Occupation||Columnist and editorial board member|
|Spouse||Betty Castela (m. 1986)|
Early life and educationEdit
His Tribune biography reports Kass as the son of a Greek immigrant grocer. Kass was born on the South Side of Chicago, and grew up there and in the Chicago suburb of Oak Lawn. He graduated from Harold L. Richards High School in the class of 1974, and was a member of the varsity football team and the yearbook staff. He studied film at Columbia College in Chicago and worked in the student newspaper there but he never graduated.
Kass worked as an intern and later a reporter at the Daily Calumet, and worked from 1980 to June 2021 for the Tribune. He regularly covered political topics for the newspaper. His columns are syndicated by Tribune Content Agency. Kass also writes about lighter topics, particularly beer can chicken.
- "John Kass Columns - Chicago Tribune". chicagotribune.com. Retrieved 2020-10-18.
- "Why is John Kass on A2 of the Chicago Tribune?".
- "John Kass, Chicago Tribune's gossip columnist says he's is not a hater; he's a loather. Huh?". 2016-07-08.
- "20 years without the legendary Mike Royko".
- "John Kass, columnist and editorial board member".
- "Chicago Tribune's John Kass to talk politics over breakfast at Elmhurst College". My Suburban Life. December 19, 2012.
- "Statement of principles".
- "John Kass articles". Tribune Content Agency. Retrieved 9 October 2018.
- "John Kass signs off at Chicago Tribune: 'An adventure happens' - Robert Feder". www.robertfeder.com. Retrieved 2021-06-22.
- "After 30 years, it's good to be married".
- "John kass - Baltimore Sun".
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: John Kass|