Here Media Inc. is an LGBT-oriented media company. Headquartered in Los Angeles, the company produces and distributes niche content focused on LGBT consumers.
|Headquarters||Los Angeles, California, USA|
Here Media was founded in 2009 by Paul Colichman and Stephen P. Jarchow when Here Networks LLC and Regent Entertainment Media Inc. formed a business combination with PlanetOut Inc.
The company was initially established by a different name in December 2000. At that time, Online Partners agreed to acquire PlanetOut Corp., creating PlanetOut Partners Inc. In 2002, privately held Here TV was launched and made available in 50 million homes. On October 14, 2004, PlanetOut joined NASDAQ under the ticker symbol (LGBT). In November 2005, PlanetOut acquired LPI Media, publisher of The Advocate, OUT, HIV Plus, and Alyson Books. In 2008, Regent Entertainment Media Inc. (now known as Here Publishing Inc. and currently a subsidiary of Here Media Inc.) bought rights to The Advocate, OUT, HIV Plus, and Alyson Books.
Here TV is an American premium television network targeting LGBT audiences. The company was launched in 2002, and is available nationwide on all major cable systems, fiber optics systems, and Internet TV providers as either a 24/7 premium subscription channel, a video on demand (VOD) service, and/or a subscription video on demand (SVOD) service.
Here TV Awards:
- "Company Officers". heremedia.com. Here Media.
- "exv99w1". www.sec.gov. Retrieved 2018-01-30.
- "PlanetOut Merges With Here Networks". Retrieved 2018-01-30.
- Knegt, Peter (2009-06-17). "Here Media Inc. Makes It Official". IndieWire. Retrieved 2018-01-30.
- "Gay Ad Network makes a river from small streams, while PlanetOut struggles | VentureBeat". venturebeat.com. Retrieved 2018-01-30.
- "Gay channel Here! boosts programming efforts". Reuters. 2007-10-01. Retrieved 2018-01-30.
- "PLANETOUT INC (LGBT) IPO". NASDAQ.com. Retrieved 2018-01-30.
- "PlanetOut Acquires LPI Media - Chief Marketer". Chief Marketer. 2005-11-11. Retrieved 2018-01-30.
- "The Advocate to Go Monthly". Retrieved 2018-01-30.
- "Publisher of High Times acquires LGBT publications". Reuters. 2017-09-07. Retrieved 2020-04-04.
- "here! Networks Nominated for Daytime Emmy Award". GLAAD. 2011-09-14. Retrieved 2018-01-30.
- "Best Cover Contest 2010 Winners & Finalists | ASME". www.magazine.org. Retrieved 2018-01-30.