HackBB was a Tor hidden service Internet forum specializing in buying stolen credit cards, skimming ATMs, and hacking computers, servers and accounts. The site was often a destination for hacked and stolen data dumps. At some point the site was hosted by Tor hosting company Freedom Hosting.
The site was founded by 'OptimusCrime' in the earlier days of Tor. In June 2012, user 'Boneless' was promoted to an administrator role, who went on to handle site escrow. However, in March 2013 Boneless's account was used to destroy the site's database, and again in May by some accounts he secretly created. The site initially recovered from this, but shut down sometime afterwards due to the loss of faith in the site's administration and the raid on its host Freedom Hosting in August 2013.
- Goodman, Kevin (16 October 2013). "The Dark Net: The New Face of Black Markets and Organized Crime". Retrieved 2 August 2015.
- Protalinski, Emil (11 March 2012). "The Consortium hacks porn site". Retrieved 2 August 2015.
- "Child abuse sites on Tor compromised by malware". 5 August 2013. Retrieved 2 August 2015.
- Howell O'Neill, Patrick (29 July 2013). "The blockbuster heist that rocked the Deep Web". Retrieved 2 August 2015.
- Neal, Meghan (5 August 2013). "To Bust a Giant Porn Ring, Did the FBI Crack the Dark Web?". Archived from the original on 23 August 2015. Retrieved 2 August 2015.