Gate Studios formed a part of Elstree Studios in the town of Borehamwood, UK, Opened in 1928, the studios were in use until the early 1950s. The studios had previously been known as Whitehall Studios, Consolidated Studios, J.H. Studios and M.P. Studios.
The last film produced was John Wesley in 1954, after which and the building was used for the production of cinema screens by Harkness Screens Ltd, until 2004. The building was demolished in early 2006 to make way for 133 new homes.
- Patricia Warren, Elstree, the British Hollywood, Publisher Elm Tree Books, 1983, ISBN 0-241-10955-8, ISBN 978-0-241-10955-7, 184 pages (page 18)
- "Gate Studios", BFI Film & TV Database website, retrieved 17 Dec 2011
- Chris Dry, Film and television in education: the handbook of the British Universities Film & Video, Edition 2, Publisher Routledge, 1995, ISBN 1-85713-016-2, ISBN 978-1-85713-016-4, 341 pages (page 275)
- "Final curtain falls at the historic Gate Studios", Watford Observer, Thu 9 Feb 1996
- Elstree Screen Heritage, "Creating a record of The Gate Studios"
- "Remembering the Gate Studios" DVD, at Elstree Screen Heritage
- "The Gate Studios" at the Elstree and Boreham Wood Museum website