Firstlight Media is a Canada-based company that provides managed services for the distribution of premium video to IP-connected devices. The company's cloud-native platform powers video services for Tier 1 streaming providers.
|Headquarters||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
Firstlight Media is headquartered in Toronto, Ontario; with a headend in San Diego California, and offices in Los Angeles, California, and Chennai, India. Firstlight partnered with Highview Capital Partners to acquire Quickplay Media from AT&T in March, 2020.
Quickplay had originally been founded in 2004 to power mobile video services for live TV, video on demand (VOD) and radio services for companies including AT&T Wireless, Bell Mobility, Verizon Wireless, Motorola Mobility, Rogers Wireless, Research In Motion, Sirius XM, and U.S. Cellular. Madison Dearborn Partners became a majority owner in 2012. AT&T announced on May 16, 2016, that it would acquire Quickplay from Madison Dearborn Partners. It remained a subsidiary of AT&T until 2020.
- "Firstlight's CEO sets out to rekindle QuickPlay's B2B flame". www.lightreading.com. Retrieved April 29, 2020.
- "Disney/ABC, Discovery Alum Paul Pastor Joins OTT Services Vendor Firstlight Media". www.variety.com. Retrieved June 9, 2020.
- "AT&T sells Quickplay to Firstlight Media". www.fiercevideo.com. Retrieved March 3, 2020.
- Primack, Dan (9 July 2012). "Private equity deals". fortune.com. Retrieved 5 July 2016.
- "AT&T to Enhance Next-Generation Video-Delivery Platform". AT&T Newsroom. about.att.com. AT&T. 16 May 2016. Retrieved 5 July 2016.
- Aycock, Jason (28 June 2016). "AT&T closes acquisition of Quickplay Media". seekingalpha.com. Retrieved 5 July 2016.