This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2017)
Emporium is a luxury shopping mall in Khlong Toei District, Bangkok, Thailand. It opened in 1997. It is owned and operated by The Mall Group, who also operate the EmQuartier and Siam Paragon malls in Bangkok.
|Location||Khlong Toei, Bangkok, Thailand|
|Address||622 Sukhumvit Soi 24|
|Developer||The Mall Group|
|Management||The Mall Group|
|Owner||The Mall Group|
|No. of anchor tenants||7|
|No. of floors||7 and 1 basement|
Emporium is a major component of the "EM District" and contains a shopping mall, department store, a luxury cinema "Emprivé Cineclub by SF Corporation", a high-end supermarket, food court, office building, exhibition hall, children's play centres and a hotel. Emporium is a popular hub for entertainment, food, and education for local residents and visitors.
Emporium was designed by J+H Boiffils. Emporium was their first shopping mall design project in Thailand. They later designed Siam Paragon, another Bangkok shopping mall, for the same developer. Emporium was Bangkok's first luxury lifestyle mall offering venues for upscale shopping, dining, entertainment, and supermarket in one complex. With the launch of the Bangkok Skytrain system several years later, Emporium was the first mall to allow direct access from the Skytrain station.
Currently, the building has two functional parts.
- Shopping complex – This part of the mall is decorated in the form of a gallery with white and gold. It consists of:
- The Emporium department store
- Sport mall global
- Power mall ultra
- Gourmet Market (supermarket)
- Emporium food hall
- Warp Zone by Fun Fiesta
- EM playground
- EM Farm
- Emprivé Cineclub by SF Corporation
- AIS D.C. by TCDC and AIS
- The Emporium department store
The shopping complex is linked to the EmQuartier and BTS Skytrain, Phrom Phong Station.
- Emporium Tower – A multi-purpose building 41 floors high. It consists of two parts:
- Emporium office building
- Emporium Suites By Chatrium
EM District expansionEdit
In 2013, The Mall Group announced six new projects, including the re-announcing of the Emporium Quartier and the Emporium Sphere, and called them as The EM District. The EM District is a group of three Emporium's shopping malls including two current shopping mall and the one future project:
- Emporium - The first shopping mall, opened in 1997
- EmQuartier - The second shopping mall, opposite Emporium. Opened in May 2015.
- EmSphere - The third branch of the District EM shopping mall group next to Benchasiri Park. The project was expected to be constructed from in 2015-7 but construction was delayed. Between 2016 and 2018, the land earmarked for Emsphere was occupied by a temporary dinosaur theme park called Dinosaur Planet.
- "EMPORIUM, SHOPPING CENTER, BANGKOK, THAILAND". Boiffils. Retrieved 16 July 2016.
- "Mall Group pumping Bt50 bn into six world-class shopping centres - The Nation". The Nation. Retrieved 11 November 2017.
- "Epicenter of Sukhumvit: Mall Group aims to Em-press | Coconuts Bangkok". Coconuts. 22 November 2013. Retrieved 11 November 2017.
- "Is EmSphere Being Put On Hold For A Dinosaur Park? | WOS". whatsonsukhumvit.com. Retrieved 11 November 2017.
- Rungfapaisarn, Kwanchai (4 March 2019). "Dinosaur Planet theme park to open in Bangkok on March 25". The Nation. Archived from the original on 14 October 2018. Retrieved 20 June 2019.
- Thaitrakulpanich, Asaree (21 February 2018). "Extinction Event: Dinosaur Planet Closing Down". Khaosod English. Archived from the original on 30 September 2018. Retrieved 20 June 2019.