Disney's Tarzan: Return to the Jungle
Disney's Tarzan: Return to the Jungle is a platform game developed by Digital Eclipse Software and released by Activision for Game Boy Advance in 2002. The game is based on the 2001-2003 animated series The Legend of Tarzan. In this game, Tarzan and Terk are lost, and they have to go back to protect the jungle.
|Disney's Tarzan: Return to the Jungle|
|Developer(s)||Digital Eclipse Software|
|Artist(s)||Boyd Burggrabe |
|Platform(s)||Game Boy Advance|
|Release||September 14, 2002|
The game is an action-platformer that bears similarities to the previous Tarzan game for the Game Boy Color. Tarzan begins the game as a child, growing into an adult in later stages in the game. With the additions of L and R buttons on the Game Boy Advance, combating enemies is now possible.
In contrast to the previous game, collecting bananas is no longer a requirement to complete a stage; they now act as currency, as typical of platforming titles, and should the player collect 50-100 bananas, they will be rewarded an extra life.
The game has received generally positive reviews. GameSpy stated, "It [the game] never gets quite as fun or inventive as any of the Mario or Rayman platform games, but Tarzan: Return to the Jungle holds its own surprisingly well, and is a must-have for fans of its GBC predecessor". NintendoWorldReport stated, "This game is the perfect thing for kids who are Tarzan fans. It looks very good, plays and sounds pretty, and will keep someone occupied long enough for it to merit a rental, if you don’t want to spend $30 on a game that you won’t be playing much after you finish if off the first time".
- "Disney's Tarzan: Return to the Jungle for Game Boy Advance". GameRankings. Retrieved 2014-05-19.
- "Disney's Tarzan: Return to the Jungle Critic Reviews for Game Boy Advance". Metacritic. Retrieved 2014-05-19.
- Fryman, Avi (2002-10-24). "GameSpy: Disney's Tarzan: Return to the Jungle Review". GameSpy. Archived from the original on 2005-12-12. Retrieved 2014-05-19.
- Lafferty, Michael (2002-11-10). "Disney's Tarzan: Return to the Jungle - GBA - Review". GameZone. Archived from the original on 2009-03-22. Retrieved 2014-05-19.
- Harris, Craig (2002-11-08). "Disney's Tarzan: Return to the Jungle". IGN. Retrieved 2014-05-19.
- "Disney's Tarzan: Return to the Jungle". Nintendo Power. 164: 175. January 2003.
- Rodriguez, Steven (2002-12-18). "Tarzan: Return to the Jungle". Nintendo World Report. Retrieved 2014-05-19.
- Baldwin, Michael (2002-12-04). "'Tarzan: Return to the Jungle' (GBA) Review". X-Play. Archived from the original on 2002-12-03. Retrieved 2014-05-19.