Daniel Hertzberg (born February 3, 1946) is an American journalist. Hertzberg is a 1968 graduate of the University of Chicago. He married Barbara Kantrowitz, on August 29, 1976. He was the former senior deputy managing editor and later deputy managing editor for international news at The Wall Street Journal. Starting in July 2009, Hertzberg served as senior editor-at-large and then as executive editor for finance at Bloomberg News in New York, before retiring in February 2014.
- 1987 Winner (with James B. Stewart), Gerald Loeb Award for Deadline and/or Beat Writing for their coverage on an insider trading scandal on Wall Street
- 1987 Winner (with James B. Stewart), George Polk Award for Financial Reporting
- 1988 Winner (with James B. Stewart), Pulitzer Prize for Explanatory Journalism
- 1988 Winner Gerald Loeb Award for Large Newspapers for "stories about an investment banker charged with insider trading and the critical day that followed the October 19, 1987, stock market crash"
- 2008 Winner of the Gerald Loeb Award for Lifetime Achievement
- 2015 Winner of the Elliot V. Bell Award, for his significant contribution to the world of financial journalism during his career
- Fischer, Heinz Dietrich; Fischer, Erika J. (2002). Complete Biographical Encyclopedia of Pulitzer Prize Winners, 1917-2000: Journalists, Writers and Composers on Their Ways to the Coveted Awards. Walter de Gruyter. ISBN 978-3-598-30186-5.
- "Journalism and Media: An Inside Scoop". Alumni Career Programs. Univ. of Chicago Alumni Association. 2018. Panel: Journalism and Media Discussion(heading—but not body—erroneously switches info for Hertzberg and Daniel Nasaw—whose last name it spells incorrectly). Retrieved 8 February 2019.
- "Miss Kantrowitz, Reporter, Wed". The New York Times. 1976-08-30. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2020-09-12.
- Whitman, Janet (14 December 2005). "Wall Street Journal Names Hertzberg As Senior Deputy Managing Editor". The Wall Street Journal. Dow Jones & Company, Inc. Retrieved 5 January 2019.
- Roush, Chris (13 June 2007). "Wall Street Journal editor changes announced". Talking Biz News. Chris Roush. Retrieved 2 March 2019.
- Roush, Chris (19 April 2016). "Hertzberg of WSJ, Bloomberg to receive Bell Award". Talking Biz News. Chris Roush. Retrieved 5 January 2019.
- Aggarwal, Varun (26 September 2013). "Bloomberg News promotes six executive editors in major restructuring". Reuters. Reuters. Retrieved 2 March 2019.
- "Times Wins Loeb Award". Los Angeles Times. May 1, 1987. Retrieved February 1, 2019.
- "Past George Polk Award Winners". The George Polk Awards. Long Island University. Retrieved 6 February 2019.
- "Times Writer Wins Loeb Award". Los Angeles Times. 10 May 1988. Retrieved 11 February 2019.
- "The 1988 Pulitzer Prize Winner in Explanatory Journalism". The Pulitzer Prizes. Columbia University. Retrieved 4 January 2019.
- "2008 Gerald Loeb Award Finalists Announced by UCLA Anderson School of Management". Institutional Investor. Institutional Investor LLC. 19 May 2008. Retrieved 4 January 2019.
- "Hertzberg of WSJ, Bloomberg to receive Bell Award". Talking Biz News. 2016-04-20. Retrieved 2020-09-12.