Cartoon Network (Italian TV channel)
Cartoon Network is the Italian version of the U.S. television channel, available on Sky Italia and UPC Switzerland. It is owned by AT&T's WarnerMedia under its International division, and primarily airs animated series. The channel was originally launched as part of the larger pan-European feed back in September 1993.
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV)|
576i (SDTV 16:9, +1 timeshift channel)
|Launched||17 September 1993Cartoon Network Europe) (as part of |
31 July 1996 (as separate feed)
|UPC (Ticino)||Channel 79 (HD)|
|UPC (Romandy and Deutschswizz)||Channel 579 (HD)|
|Sky Italia||Channel 607 (HD)|
Channel 608 (+1)
|Sky Go||Cartoon Network HD|
|Now||Cartoon Network HD|
Cartoon Network Italian feed started broadcasting on 31 July 1996 on the Italian satellite pay TV platform TELE+ Digitale, and it later began available also on Stream TV's cable and satellite bouquet.
On 13 September 2006 the channel rebranded to the Wave era along with a new logo.
On 8 December 2008 the channel became available on Mediaset Premium.
The channel rebranded again on 29 November 2010 to the CHECK it. era, with the new slogan Ce N'è..
On 28 November 2016 an HD feed began transmitting exclusively on Sky Italia.
On 1 June 2018 the channel closed on Mediaset Premium.
On 15 December 2020 Cartoon Network SD feed closed, becoming thus only available in HD. However, its +1 timeshift channel is still only available in SD.
Cartoon Network +1Edit
Cartoon Network +1 is a 1 hour timeshift channel of Cartoon Network launched on 31 July 2003, used also as a channel to air temporary special programmings.
From 4 to 12 February 2017 Cartoon Network +1, along with the British version, became Cartoon Network Lego Days, airing only LEGO series and movies. This schedule got repeated from 27 October to 4 November 2018 and from 18 to 27 October 2019.
Series currently on scheduleEdit
- "Cartoon Network" (PDF).
- "Corriere della Sera – Dalla Ue il via libera alla fusione Stream-Telepiù". www.corriere.it. Retrieved 17 March 2021.
- Cartoon Network Italia – Lancio nuova grafica e logo (29/11/2010 ore 20:00) 10 ANNI DOPO, retrieved 17 March 2021
- "Cartoon Network LEGO Days: dal 4 al 12 Febbraio sul canale 608 di Sky". Cinematographe.it (in Italian). 1 February 2017. Retrieved 17 March 2021.
- Vega, Valerio (1 March 2021). "Siamo Solo Orsi Channel – Su Cartoon Network+1 dal 4 al 14 marzo". Nerdream.it (in Italian). Retrieved 17 March 2021.
- www.CartoonNetwork.it (Official Website) (in Italian)