CNN International South Asia
CNN International South Asia is the South Asia subsidiary of the CNN International pay-TV cable network targeted toward India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bhutan, Maldives and Afghanistan.
|Headquarters||New Delhi, India|
|Picture format||1080p HDTV|
|Owner||WarnerMedia International (As of 2019)|
Turner International India (earlier)
Global Broadcast News
|United Communication Service |
|Dialog TV (Sri Lanka)||Channel 65|
|Asianet Digital (India)||431|
|Dish TV (India)||Channel 277|
|Tata Sky (India)||Channel 631|
|Airtel Digital TV (India)||Channel 393|
|Videocon d2h (India)||Channel 359|
|PTCL Smart TV (Pakistan)||Channel 098|
- African Start Up
- African Voices
- Anderson Cooper 360°
- Business Traveller
- CNN Freedom Project
- CNN Newsroom
- CNN Presents
- CNN Today
- CNN Tonight
- Cold War
- Connect the World with Becky Anderson
- Eco Solutions
- Erin Burnett Outfront
- Fareed Zakaria GPS
- i Report for CNN
- Inside India
- Inside the Middle East
- International Desk with Robyn Curnow
- Living Golf
- Marketplace Europe
- Marketplace Middle East
- News Stream
- Open Court
- Quest Means Business
- State of the Union
- Vital Signs with Dr. Sanjay Gupta
- Winning Post
- Hala Gorani Tonight
- World Sport
In 2017, a retired Liutenant General and now a frequent TV news analyst and commentatator, Talat Masood told CNN International about Pakistan's nuclear capabilities and nuclear deterrent against any attacks on the country.
In October 2018, the Supreme Court of Pakistan directed the Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (PEMRA) to issue directives to all foreign channels broadcasting in Pakistan to make them aware that, under the existing Pakistani law, they are not permitted to have more than 10 per cent foreign content. This law's purpose was to have the foreign channels focus on local news events also, rather than rehash and rerun broadcasts of American and European TV programs.
- Roy, Tasmayee Laha (5 March 2020). "Pogo & Cartoon Network go local with India Originals". Exchange4media. Retrieved 24 September 2020.
- John Herbert. Practising Global Journalism: Exploring Reporting Issues Worldwide. GoogleBooks website. Taylor & Francis. p. 27. Retrieved 5 September 2019.
cnn international south asia.
- Anwar Iqbal (11 January 2017). "US urges nuclear states to exercise restraint". Dawn (newspaper). Retrieved 5 September 2019.
- PEMRA told to ban broadcast of foreign content beyond permissible time Dawn (newspaper), Published 28 October 2018, Retrieved 5 September 2019