C/2007 E2 (Lovejoy)
C/2007 E2 (Lovejoy) is a non-periodic comet discovered by Terry Lovejoy on 15 March 2007. Its perihelion was 27 March 2007, while its closest approach to Earth was 25 April 2007 in Hercules at a distance of 0.44 AU. Maximum apparent magnitude was approximately +8.
|Discovered by||Terry Lovejoy|
|Discovery date||15 March 2007|
|Orbital characteristics A|
(10 May 2007)
|Aphelion||1838 AU (inbound)|
1554 AU (outbound)
|Orbital period||~28000 yr (inbound)|
~22000 yr (outbound)
|Last perihelion||27 March 2007|
- Horizons output. "Barycentric Osculating Orbital Elements for Comet C/2007 E2 (Lovejoy)". Solution using the Solar System Barycenter. Ephemeris Type:Elements and Center:@0 (To be outside planetary region, inbound epoch 1950 and outbound epoch 2050)
- Yoshida, Seiichi. "C/2007 E2 ( Lovejoy )". Aerith.net.
- Drummond, John. "Comet 2007 E2 (Lovejoy) - Photos and Observations". Possum Observatory. Archived from the original on 29 March 2007. Retrieved 26 March 2007.
Media related to C/2007 E2 (Lovejoy) at Wikimedia Commons
- C/2007 E2 at the JPL Small-Body Database Browser
- C/2007 E2 at Cometography.com
- C/2007 E2 moving amongst the stars (video in WMV format)