Boing (Italian TV channel)
Boing is an Italian free-to-air television channel marketed at children and teenagers, owned by Boing S.p.A., a joint venture of Fininvest's Mediaset (through its RTI subsidiary) and AT&T's WarnerMedia (through its International division). It is available on digital terrestrial television and free-to-air satellite provider Tivùsat.
|Picture format||576i (SDTV)|
|Timeshift service||Boing Plus|
(Mediaset, 51%; WarnerMedia International, 49%)
|Launched||November 20, 2004|
|Replaced||Pop (Boing Plus)|
|Digital terrestrial television||Channel 40|
Channel 45 (Boing Plus)
|UPC Switzerland||Channel 70 (Plus) / 71 (Ticino)|
Channel 570 (Plus) / 571
|Sunrise (Switzerland)||Channel 174|
|FL1 (Liechtenstein)||Channel 138|
The channel launched on November 20, 2004, at 8:00 pm, after replacing VJ TV some months prior with a sign that said Boing, in arrivo. (Boing, coming soon.). In 2006 the channel rebranded to a new transparent screenbug and logo in promos, to follow the brand identity of Mediaset's other channels. The change included a new graphics package, introducing Animadz. Most of the Animadz lasted until August 2020. With the birth of Cartoonito in 2011, the channel increased its demographic to include 7–16-year olds. All preschool programs and blocks were moved to Cartoonito's schedule.
Boing rebranded to a new graphics package along with its Spanish and French versions developed by Lumbre on March 7, 2016, teased from the week prior. Most of the Animadz remained with a new look, however many were removed.
On July 11, 2019, another channel, Boing Plus, was launched, replacing Pop. This channel is a 1-hour timeshift feed of both Boing and Cartoonito, with Cartoonito's programming being shown from 4:00 am–1:00 pm and Boing's programming for the rest of the day.
- Feiner, Lauren (March 4, 2019). "WarnerMedia reorganizes its leadership team after AT&T acquisition". CNBC. Retrieved March 4, 2019.
- "Mediaset Group – Corporate – Free channels". www.mediaset.it. Retrieved December 9, 2018.
- "Boing Italy Rebrands Monday 7th March". RegularCapital: Cartoon Network International News. Retrieved September 3, 2016.
- "Boing, via al rebrand del canale con un nuovo look & feel – Digital-News". Digital-News.it (in Italian). September 1, 2020. Retrieved March 17, 2021.
- Official site (in Italian)