Bettina Bush, also known professionally and simply as Bettina, is an American actress, voice actress, and pop music singer.
She was born the youngest of three children. Her father was Charles V. Bush, the first African-American graduate of the US Air Force Academy and later a business executive, and her mother was of Scottish-Polynesian and Cherokee Indian descent.
Bettina's professional career began at the age of 5 when she began modeling and acting. Her acting career eventually led to voiceovers, including My Little Pony (as Megan), The Get Along Gang (as Dotty Dog), The Littles (as Lucy Little), Rugrats, All Grown Up!, Stargate Infinity, Ben 10 (as Kai Green), Age of Empires III (as Nonahkee), God Hand (as Olivia), and is perhaps best known as the voice of Rainbow Brite and as the voice of Gloria in the Madagascar video games. She has also performed the McDonald's "I'm Lovin' It" commercial jingles. She starred as Maria, a teenage Native American girl, in the film Journey to Spirit Island (1988).
Her early influences in music include Dolly Parton and Elton John. Bettina's early singing talents can be heard on the title sing "Gift of Love" as the voice/singing voice of Rainbow Brite on the Rainbow Brite Christmas Album produced byDisneyland/Vista Records in 1985, and in the sing "Make Room for a Rainbow Inside" again as voice/singing voice of Rainbow Brite in the Rainbow Brite Paint a Rainbow in Your Heart album also produced byDisneyland/Vista Records in 1984. Bettina also performed the songs "Brand New Day" and "Rainbow Brite and Me" for the feature film Rainbow Brite and the Star Stealer. Bettina later created her own record label company and financed, co-wrote, and performed her first independent release entitled "Lucky Girl". In 2006 she was named the winner of American Idol Underground in the pop category. Exposure from the show led to her being offered the opportunity to direct a music video. Along with it came the opportunity for her to co-write and edit three tracks with Sony Music producer/songwriter Automatic (P!nk, India.Arie). With them she has co-written and edited three tracks: “Emerald City”, “Let Me Inside” and “I Can't Deny You”. Her single titled "She Is" reached No. 4 on Billboard's Hot Singles Sales chart. Her debut album was set to be released in January 2008 but was never released.
- "Bettina Bush Editor-at-Large, Working Mother; Host, Working Mother Radio". Retrieved January 23, 2021.
- "Video Shoot: American Idol Underground Winner, Bettina Bush" (Press release). PRWEB. May 17, 2007. Archived from the original on October 15, 2008. Retrieved December 8, 2007.
- "Bettina Bush (visual voices guide)". Behind The Voice Actors. Retrieved April 28, 2021. A green check mark indicates that a role has been confirmed using a screenshot (or collage of screenshots) of a title's list of voice actors and their respective characters found in its opening and/or closing credits and/or other reliable sources of information.CS1 maint: postscript (link)
- "Bettina: Voiceover". Archived from the original on November 2, 2007. Retrieved December 8, 2007.
- "Bettina: About". Archived from the original on November 2, 2007. Retrieved December 8, 2007.
- "Bettina: News 7.6.07 Bettina in studio with Sony Producer Automatic". Retrieved December 8, 2007.[dead link]
- "Top Music Charts – Hot 100 – Billboard 200 – Music Genre Sales". Retrieved December 8, 2007.[dead link]
- "Bettina: News 9.15.07 "She Is" climbs to #4". Retrieved December 8, 2007.[dead link]