Bernhard Steffen (computer scientist)
Bernhard Steffen (born 31 May 1958 in Kiel, West Germany) is a German computer scientist and professor at the TU Dortmund University, Germany. His research focuses on various facets of formal methods ranging from program analysis and verification, to workflow synthesis, and to test-based modeling.
After his PhD at the University of Kiel he spent two years as a research fellow at the LFCS (Edinburgh, Scotland) where he co-developed the Edinburgh Concurrency Workbench and authored one of the earliest papers on how to adequately model probabilistic processes, before joining the University of Aarhus in 1989 as a postdoc. From 1990 to 1992 he was associate professor at the RWTH Aachen, before he became full professor at the University of Passau. Since 1997 he holds the chair of programming systems at TU Dortmund University where he was Dean of Computer Science between 2002 and 2006 as well as a member of the Senate in 2006 and 2007.
Journal and conference foundationsEdit
Bernhard Steffen co-founded the following journals and conferences
- Tools and Algorithms for the Construction and Analysis of Systems (TACAS)
- International Symposium On Leveraging Applications of Formal Methods, Verification and Validation (ISoLA)
- International Journal on Software Tools for Technology Transfer (STTT)
- Transactions on Foundations for Mastering Change (FoMaC)
- Steffen, Bernhard. "CV" (PDF). Retrieved 19 December 2013.
- Cleaveland, Rance; Parrow, Joachim; Steffen, Bernhard (1993). "The Concurrency Workbench: A Semantics-Based Tool for the Verification of Concurrent Systems". ACM Transactions on Programming Languages and Systems. 15: 36–72. CiteSeerX 10.1.1.35.8585. doi:10.1145/151646.151648. S2CID 14200624.
- van Glabbeek, Rob J.; Smolka, Scott A.; Steffen, Bernhard (1995). "Reactive, generative, and stratified models of probabilistic processes". Information and Computation. 121: 59–80. doi:10.1006/inco.1995.1123.
- SpringerLink. "Lecture Notes in Computer Science".
- "ISoLA Conference Website".
- Springer. "STTT Journal Page".
- Springer. "Transactions on Foundations for Mastering Change". Retrieved 2021-02-15.