Alto Mail was a multi-service email client and proprietary email intelligence engine built to analyze and restructure incoming emails and calendar events by Oath Inc. It supported IMAP email providers like Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, iCloud, and AOL Mail, as well as email providers using Microsoft Exchange. The centerpiece of the Alto email app was the Dashboard, which acted as a hub where information from multiple inboxes and integrated Calendars was displayed. The information was analyzed and then delivered in the forms of “Cards”, which allowed users to view snapshots of important emails and events ranging from travel details to shopping information, as well as mapping and ride service support for upcoming calendar events. Alto Mail had integration with other popular productivity technology such as Slack, and the Amazon Echo, providing Alexa support for linked accounts.
|Initial release||October 18, 2012|
|Platform||Android, iOS, Web|
|Available in||12 languages|
On October 25, 2017, Oath announced that Alto Mail would be discontinued, with the distribution of the mobile apps ending on November 9, 2017, and support for the apps ending on December 10, 2017.
- "Review: Alto mail organizer sorts your email like a pro". PCWorld. Retrieved 2016-01-14.
- Kaplan, Jeremy (2012-10-18). "You've got Mail! AOL launches new Alto mail program | Fox News". Fox News. Retrieved 2016-01-14.
- Forgione, Brittany (2016-03-06)."Never "Check Email" Again with Alto Dashboard"AOL Corporate. Retrieved 2017-07-11.
- "A First Look at AOL's Alto Mail App: What Email Marketers Need to Know | Litmus Blog". litmus.com. Retrieved 2016-01-14.
- Dillet, Romain. "Alto Mail Is AOL's Modern Take On Email On Your Phone". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2016-01-14.
- Arici, Alexandra (2017-05-25) "AOL’s Alto email update adds full calendar capability, improved Alexa integration" Android Guys. Retrieved 2017-07-11
- Regan, Tom (2017-05-25) "Alto uses your emails to clean up your calendar" Engadget. Retrieved 2017-07-11.
- F., Alan (2017-05-25) "AOL/Verizon launch their new Alto email client for Android and iOS"Phone Arena. Retrieved 2017-07-11
- Welch, Chris (2016-12-15) "AOL’s surprisingly good Alto email app adds Alexa and Slack features" The Verge. Retrieved 2017-07-11.
- Neslon, Jess (2017-05-26) "Alto Mail Organizes Your Inbox, Calendar" MediaPost. Retreieved 2017-07-11
- Fingas, Jon (2017-10-25) "Alto Mail is shutting down now that AOL is part of Oath. Engadget. Retrieved 2017-10-25.