Adult Swim (Australian TV programming block)
This article has multiple issues. Please help to improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
Adult Swim in Australia was an adult-oriented free-to-air television block that was aired Saturday and Sunday nights on 9Go!. It was originally a separate network that shared channel space with Cartoon Network Australia, starting 1 January 2007. Some Adult Swim shows have also aired on SBS Viceland, and in October 2013 full episodes and short clips were made available on their website. Shortly after it they soon started to sell their DVDs on the website.
New Zealand (formerly)
|Picture format||576i (SDTV)|
|Owner||Turner Broadcasting System Asia Pacific and Madman Entertainment|
|Launched||2005, 2016 (relaunch) on 9Go!|
Adult Swim was first started on Cartoon Network Australia before it was taken down late 2007 for unknown reasons. The block returned with Robot Chicken and Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law, in March 2008, with Aqua Teen Hunger Force joining the programming on 1 July. The Boondocks also airs on the same channel although it is not under the Adult Swim banner and instead airs separately. Moral Orel has premiered on Australian television. Titan Maximum also premiered on 6 January 2010. Frisky Dingo has joined the Comedy Channel's "Animania" line-up as of 21 July 2010. Tim and Eric Awesome Show Great Job premiered on 26 January 2011 along with Childrens Hospital which unlike the American broadcast, aired completely uncensored with profanity intact.
Some series that aired on Adult Swim have been released to Region 4 DVD by Madman Entertainment, including shows that have never been shown on Australian television before, such as Metalocalypse, Minoriteam, 12 oz. Mouse, Xavier Renegade Angel. The Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters has also been quietly released to DVD.
In June 2016, Nine Network and Turner Broadcasting System signed a 2-year deal to broadcast Adult Swim programs on 9Go! every Saturday and Sunday night. Starting 1 September 2016, Rick and Morty aired on Thursday nights. Adult Swim currently airs their own Fish Center.
As of 2019, Adult Swim is no longer broadcast on 9Go!.
- "Adult Swim - The Comedy Channel". Web.archive.org. 23 July 2008. Archived from the original on 23 July 2008. Retrieved 20 January 2011.
- "Moral Orel". The Comedy Channel. Archived from the original on 13 December 2010. Retrieved 15 September 2009.
- "Titan Maximum". The Comedy Channel. Archived from the original on 13 December 2010. Retrieved 20 January 2011.
- "Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters DVD". Burn.com.au. 2 April 2008. Retrieved 20 January 2011.
- "Adult Swim Is Coming To 9GO! And Yes, They're Bringing 'Rick And Morty'". Pedestrian.tv. 8 July 2016. Retrieved 23 August 2018.