AOL On was created as a successor to AOL TV. The launch was announced at the 2012 Digital Content NewFront. AOL On creates news and entertainment reports in the form of short video clips, as well as original web series. All videos are available on demand online or on the Apple TV, TiVo and Android TV.
Type of site
|Entertainment, Video & News|
|Launched||April 24, 2012|
AOL On was created in April 2012. Content includes current events, breaking news, entertainment, new tech and more. Video clips can be viewed on demand at on.aol.com.
On December 12, 2012, AOL announced they released an app for the TV Premier
- City Ballet: Documentary on the lives of New York City Ballet dancers.
- #candidlynicole: A "dirty" sitcom.
- Anthony Eats America: Anthony visits different restaurants and foods from all across America.
- Inspiration Point: A show on create neat arts and crafts.
- Second Chances: A show highlighting women who have gone through dire troubles overcame them.
- Hardwired: The latest tech news & gadgets.
- Flat Out: A high-end documentary about the daily life and struggles of Dylan Kwasniewski as he aspires to be a top NASCAR racer.
- True Trans With Laura Jane Grace: A documentary on the lives of Isley Reust and various other people across America who identify as transgender.
- The Future Starts Here: A human interest series focusing on the influences technology holds over human behavior.
- "AOL unveils the AOL On Network: Powerful New Video Platform Places High Value on Programmed Content". AOL.
- "AOL On App Now on TiVo Interface - TiVo Blog". Retrieved 2019-07-02.
- "Apple TV's Walled Garden gets new channel: AOL - CNET". CNET.
- "AOL jumps onto Android TV - CNET". CNET.
- Shields, Mike. "AOL On's Video Distribution Troubles Media Partners". WSJ. Retrieved 2019-07-02.
- "20 Private and Hidden Roku Channels You Should Install Now". MakeUseOf. 2018-10-04. Retrieved 2021-01-21.
- "AOL rolls out 15 original Web Series of its own - CNET". CNET.
- "Vet suing VA after scalpel left in abdomen". WCPO. 2018-01-17. Retrieved 2021-01-21.