Year 560 (DLX) was a leap year starting on Thursday of the Julian calendar. The denomination 560 for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.
|Ab urbe condita||1313|
|Balinese saka calendar||481–482|
|Chinese calendar||己卯年 (Earth Rabbit)|
3256 or 3196
— to —
庚辰年 (Metal Dragon)
3257 or 3197
|- Vikram Samvat||616–617|
|- Shaka Samvat||481–482|
|- Kali Yuga||3660–3661|
|Iranian calendar||62 BP – 61 BP|
|Islamic calendar||64 BH – 63 BH|
|Minguo calendar||1352 before ROC|
|Seleucid era||871/872 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||1102–1103|
686 or 305 or −467
— to —
687 or 306 or −466
- Adda succeeds his brother Glappa as king of Bernicia (approximate date).
- Ælla becomes king of Deira (this according to the Anglo-Saxon Chronicle).
- Ceawlin succeeds his father Cynric as king of Wessex (approximate date).
- Custennin ap Cado abdicates as king of Dumnonia (South West England).
- Elidyr of Strathclyde invades Gwynedd (Wales) and tries to expel his brother-in-law, king Rhun Hir ap Maelgwn.
- Columba quarrels with Finnian of Moville over authorship of a psalter, leading to a pitched battle the next year.
- Æthelberht, king of Kent (approximate date)
- Abu Sufyan ibn Harb, Arabic leader (d. 652)
- Constantina, Byzantine empress (approximate date)
- Eustace of Luxeuil, abbot (approximate date)
- Isidore of Seville, archbishop and scholar
- Richarius, Frankish hermit and monk (approximate date)
- Sophronius, patriarch of Jerusalem (d. 638)
- Tassilo I, duke of Bavaria (d. 610)
- Aspasius of Auch, bishop of Éauze
- Audoin, king of the Lombards (approximate date)
- Chen Chang, prince of the Chen Dynasty (b. 537)
- Clodoald, Merovingian prince (approximate date)
- Cynric, king of Wessex
- Domitian of Huy, Frankish bishop and saint
- Glappa, king of Bernicia (approximate date)
- Ming Di, emperor of Northern Zhou (b. 534)
- Thurisind, king of the Gepids (approximate date)
- Yang Yin, official of Northern Qi (b. 511)