This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2018)
|Broadcast area||United Kingdom|
|Picture format||16:9 576i SDTV|
|Owner||Channel 5 Broadcasting Ltd UK|
ViacomCBS Networks UK & Australia
|Launched||13 February 2018|
|Virgin Media||Channel 152|
|Astra 2G||10964 H 22000 5/6|
Channel 5 were set to launch a new channel called 5Prime. It was going to be a catch-up channel, launching in January 2018, but it was never officially launched. A month later, 5Prime was rebranded as 5Select and it launched at 9:00am on 13 February 2018, with the first programme, Access, being shown. On the 1st of July, 5Select moved from the SDN (COM4) MUX to the BBC B HD Mux on Freeview. As a result, viewers with older freeview equipment lost the channel while viewers in areas served by non SFN freeview relay transmitters with DVB-T2 compatible Freeview TVs or Freeview+HD boxes feature could receive the channel.
- The Dog Rescuers: Best in Show
- The Secret Life of Owls
- Striking Out
- The Yorkshire Vet Casebook
- World War 1 in Colour
- "What is 5SELECT?". www.faqs.channel5.com. Archived from the original on 12 June 2018. Retrieved 11 February 2018.
- Information from What's on TV, magazine dated 10 February until 16 February 2018.
- "New C5 service to be called 5Select". a516digital. Archived from the original on 21 June 2018. Retrieved 31 March 2018.