544th Aircraft Control and Warning Group
The 544th Aircraft Control and Warning Group is an inactive United States Air Force unit. It was assigned to the 27th Air Division, and last stationed at Norton Air Force Base, California. It was inactivated on 6 February 1952.
|544th Aircraft Control and Warning Group|
|Branch||United States Air Force|
|Type||Command and Control|
This command and control organization was responsible for the organization, manning and equipping of new Aircraft Control and Warning (Radar) units. It was dissolved with the units being assigned directly to the 27th AD.
- Established as the 544th Aircraft Control and Warning Group
- Activated on 8 October 1950
- Inactivated on 6 February 1952
- Disbanded on 21 September 1984
- probably Hamilton AFB, California 8 October 1950
- Norton AFB, California 27 November 1950 - 6 February 1952
- Cornett, Lloyd H; Johnson, Mildred W (1980). A Handbook of Aerospace Defense Organization, 1946–1980 (PDF). Peterson AFB, CO: Office of History, Aerospace Defense Center.
- Grant, C.L., The Development of Continental Air Defense to 1 September 1954, (1961), USAF Historical Study No. 126
- Winkler, David F.; Webster, Julie L (1997). Searching the skies : the legacy of the United States Cold War Defense Radar Program. Champaign, IL: US Army Construction Engineering Research Laboratories. LCCN 97020912.