38th century BC
The 38th century BC was a century which lasted from the year 3800 BC to 3701 BC.
|Millennium:||4th millennium BC|
|Categories:||Births – Deaths |
Establishments – Disestablishments
- An earthquake near a Neolithic culture at Sotira in Cyprus destroys much of the local infrastructure.
- Ubaid period came to an abrupt end in eastern Arabia and the Oman peninsula at 3800 BC.
- In Syria, mass graves at Tell Brak, dating from ca. 3800 to 3600 BC, have been unearthed, suggesting advanced warfare around this period.
- 3800–2700 BC – Dolmen of Dombate (Galicia)
- 3800–3200 BC – 120 Wedge tombs (Ireland)
- 3760 BC – the first year of the Hebrew calendar
- c. 3750 BC – origins of Proto-Semitic language
- 25th of Elul, 21st of September 3760 BC — Considered the first day of creation from formless matter (Gen. 1.2), traditionally interpreted as out of nothing, on which the Bible recalls that God created existence, time, matter, darkness and light.
- 1st of Tishrei, 26th of September 3760 BC — Considered the sixth day of creation (Rosh Hashanah Day 1), on which the Bible recalls that God created Adam and Eve.
- Kitchen, A; Ehret, C; Assefa, S; Mulligan, CJ. (2009). "Bayesian phylogenetic analysis of Semitic languages identifies an Early Bronze Age origin of Semitic in the Near East". Proc Biol Sci. 276 (1668): 2703–10. doi:10.1098/rspb.2009.0408. PMC 2839953. PMID 19403539.
- "Creation (3760 BC)". Jewish History. Chabad-Lubavitch Media Center. Retrieved 15 February 2013.
- "To find the corresponding Jewish year for any year on the Gregorian calendar, add 3760 to the Gregorian number, if it is before Rosh Hashanah. After Rosh Hashanah, add 3761." "The Jewish year". About the Jewish Calendar. Chabad-Lubavitch Media Center. Retrieved 15 February 2013.
- "Birthday of Adam & Eve (3760 BC)". Jewish History. Chabad-Lubavitch Media Center. Retrieved 15 February 2013.
- Tauber, adapted by Yanki. "The Man in man". High Holidays Rosh Hashanah Study Essays. Chabad-Lubavitch Media Center. Retrieved 15 February 2013.