2nd Maintenance Battalion
The 2nd Maintenance Battalion is a battalion of the United States Marine Corps that provides intermediate-level maintenance for the II Marine Expeditionary Force's tactical ordnance, engineer, motor transport, communications electronics and general support ground equipment. They are based out of Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune, North Carolina and fall under the command of 2nd Marine Logistics Group.
|2nd Maintenance Battalion|
2nd Maintenance Battalion insignia
|Role||Combat service support|
|Part of||Combat Logistics Regiment 25|
2nd Marine Logistics Group
|Garrison/HQ||Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune|
|Motto(s)||"Be Ready, Be Next"|
|Engagements||Operation Iraqi Freedom|
* 2003 invasion of Iraq
- Headquarters And Service Company (HSC)
- Electronic Maintenance Company (ELMACO)
- Engineer Maintenance Company (EMC)
- General Support Maintenance Company (GSMC)
- Ordnance Maintenance Company (OMC)
- Motor Transportation Maintenance Company (MTMC)
- Combat Logistics Company 21 (CLC-21) (MCAS Cherry Point)
- Combat Logistics Company 23 (CLC-23) (MCAS Beaufort)
To provide direct and general support, intermediate (2d through 4th echelon) maintenance support for Marine Corps furnished tactical ordnance, engineer, motor, communications-electronics and general support equipment of II MEF. To provide reparable support to include stock, store and fiscal accounting for normal accounting for normal and low-density reparables.
Battalion Commanding Officers
- 2020-Present LtCol Christina "MOM" Henry
- 2018-2020 LtCol Kate Murray
- 2016-2018 LtCol Erik Smith
Battalion Sergeants Major
- 2020-Present SgtMaj Joe Wilborn
- 2017-2020 SgtMaj Charles Peoples
The 2nd Maintenance Battalion (2nd Maint Bn) previously fell under the command of Combat Logistics Regiment 25 (CLR-25), as a subordinate unit of 2d MLG. In 2020, CLR-25 was dissolved, and 2nd Maint Bn now falls directly under 2d MLG.
- "Combat Logistics Regiment 25 Deactivation". DVIDS. Retrieved 29 September 2020.