2d Photographic Reconnaissance Group
|2d Reconnaissance Group|
Emblem of the 2d Reconnaissance Group
|Branch||United States Army Air Forces|
The unit was active during World War II as a reconnaissance and mapping training unit, initially being assigned to Second Air Force, then to Third Air Force in October 1943. The group also trained crews and occasionally provided personnel to help man new groups and squadrons. Aircraft included B-17s, B-24s, B-25s, L-4s, L-5s, P-38s, and A-20s.
- Constituted as 2d Photographic Group on 1 May 1942
- Activated on 7 May 1942
- Redesignated: 2d Photographic Reconnaissance and Mapping Group in May 1943
- Redesignated: 2d Photographic Reconnaissance Group in August 1943
- Disbanded on 1 May 1944
- Maurer, Maurer (1983). Air Force Combat Units of World War II. Maxwell AFB, Alabama: Office of Air Force History. ISBN 0-89201-092-4.