29th & Welton station
29th & Welton station was an RTD light rail station in the Five Points neighborhood of Denver, Colorado, United States. Formerly operating as part of the D Line, the station was opened on October 8, 1994, and was operated by the Regional Transportation District.
|TheRide light rail station|
Southbound D Line train departing 29th-Welton station
|Location||2940 Welton Street|
|Owned by||Regional Transportation District|
|Opened||October 8, 1994|
|Closed||January 6, 2013|
The station closed on January 6, 2013 as part of RTD's January Service Changes to help with keeping trains running on time and improving bus connections at the 30th & Downing station. The RTD Board of Directors voted in October 2013 to not demolish the station in light of ongoing studies of the Welton Street corridor. The January 14, 2018 service changes introduced the L Line, which now passes through this station in place of the D Line.
- Roberts, Jeffrey A. (October 9, 1994). "100,000 give light rail a heavy workout". The Denver Post. p. C1.
- "RTD: Central Corridor Light Rail Line" (PDF). Regional Transportation District. Archived from the original (PDF) on July 15, 2011. Retrieved September 27, 2010.
- Seeber, Rory (October 2012). "RTD sets forums about proposed changes". Life on Capitol Hill. p. 11.
- Whaley, Monte (October 29, 2013). "29th and Welton RTD station survives, for now". The Denver Post. Retrieved May 5, 2016.
- "Final Service Changes - January 2018". RTD. Retrieved 16 November 2017.