2006–07 United States network television schedule
The following is the 2006–07 network television schedule for the six major English language commercial broadcast networks in the United States. The schedule covers prime time hours from September 2006 through August 2007. The schedule is followed by a list per network of returning series, new series, and series cancelled after the 2005–06 season.
PBS is not included; member stations have local flexibility over most of their schedules and broadcast times for network shows may vary.
- Yellow indicates the top ten most watched programs of the season.
- Cyan indicates the top 20 most watched programs of the season.
- Magenta indicates the top 30 most watched programs of the season.
NOTE: Fast Cars and Superstars: The Gillette Young Guns Celebrity Race aired at 8PM ET on ABC during the NBA Finals in June.
NOTES: Fox premiered The Rich Li$t on November 1, 2006 at 9PM ET. Due to low ratings, the show was cancelled two days later.
ABC premiered The Great American Dream Vote at 8PM ET on March 28, 2007 (after airing the pilot the previous night). The show was cancelled on March 29, 2007.
NOTES: In May 2006, when ABC announced their fall lineup for the 2006-2007 TV season, Big Day and Notes from the Underbelly was scheduled to air at 8PM and 8:30PM ET. However, due to both shows not getting "buzz" before their fall premieres, ABC moved Ugly Betty from its planned Friday night 8PM slot to the Thursday night 8PM ET slot. Big Day and Notes from the Underbelly aired later on in the season on different nights.
NOTE: In May 2006, when ABC announced their fall lineup for the 2006-2007 TV season, Big Day and Notes from the Underbelly was scheduled to air at 8PM and 8:30PM ET for Thursday nights and Ugly Betty at 8PM ET Friday nights time slot. However, before their fall premieres, ABC moved Ugly Betty from its planned Friday night 8PM slot to the Thursday night 8PM ET slot. The Friday night 8PM time slot was filled with the previous night's episode of Grey's Anatomy until December.
Not returning from 2005–06:
Not returning from 2005–06:
- American Heiress
- Desire *
- Fashion House
- International Fight League
- Saints & Sinners *
- Watch Over Me
- Wicked Wicked Games
Note: The * indicates that the program was introduced in midseason.
Pickups and cancellationsEdit
Full season pickupsEdit
Canceled or endedEdit
- The Nine
- Help Me Help You
- Day Break
- Show Me the Money
- The Knights of Prosperity
- The Great American Dream Vote
- Six Degrees
- In Case of Emergency
- What About Brian
- George Lopez
- The King of Queens
- Armed and Famous
- The Class
- Close to Home
- 3 lbs
- Waterfront - cancelled before it aired
- Twenty Good Years
- The Black Donnellys
- Andy Barker, P.I.
- The Real Wedding Crashers
- Crossing Jordan
- Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip
- Thank God You're Here
- Grease: You're the One That I Want!
- The Singles Table (Canceled before it aired any episodes)
- Highest-rated series is based on the annual top-rated programs list compiled by Nielsen Media Research and reported in: Brooks, Tim & Marsh, Earle (2007). The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network TV Shows (9th ed.). New York: Ballantine. ISBN 978-0-345-49773-4.
- York, Michael In New (2006-10-19). "POPSURFING.COM: CBS Cancels New Show "Waterfront" -- Before It Airs". POPSURFING.COM. Retrieved 2019-08-02.