The 1770s BC was a decade lasting from January 1, 1779 BC to December 31, 1770 BC.
|Millennium:||2nd millennium BC|
Events and trends
- Rim-Sin I, ruler of the Middle Eastern city-state of Larsa since 1822 BC, according to the middle chronology
- Hammurabi, king of Babylon since 1792 BC, according to the middle chronology
- Shibtu, queen of Zimri-Lim from c. 1775 to 1761 BC
- Zimri-Lim, co-ruler of the city-state of Mari with Shibtu
- Yarim-Lim I, second king of the Amorite kingdom of Yamhad from c. 1780 to 1764 BC