1700s BC (decade)
(Redirected from 1705 BC)
The 1700s BC was a decade lasting from January 1, 1709 BC to December 31, 1700 BC.
|Millennium:||2nd millennium BC|
Events and trendsEdit
- c. 1700 BC – The last woolly mammoth goes extinct on Wrangel Island.
- c. 1700 BC – The city of Knossos on Crete is destroyed by fire.
- c. 1700 BC – Aegean metalworkers begin producing crafts that rival those of the ancient Near East, whose techniques they seem to borrow.
- c. 1700 BC – The Indus Valley Civilization comes to an end and the Cemetery H culture begins.
- c. 1700 BC – Lila-Ir-Tash starts ruling the Elamite Empire.
- c. 1700 BC – Bronze Age starts in China.
- c. 1700 BC – The Oxus civilization ends in today's Central Asia.
- c. 1700 BC – Meteor explosion produces Middle Ghor Event: Catastrophic Termination of a Bronze Age Civilization
- "Timeline -- B.C." www.au.af.mil.